The Planted Tank Forum banner

Where to but ferts.

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jart 
#1 ·
Just as the title says, Where can I buy dry fertz in the Brampton/Mississauga area

#2 ·
Go to a Hydroponics store. you should find what you need but if you don't see ask.

I am in the Stoney Creek area and get mine from Green Acres Hydro on HWY 8. He usually has to order it for me but I'll have it with in a week, I am sure bigger stores will keep a stock though. The stuff I get is produced by DNF or "Dutch Nutrient Formula" the have a "Six Pack" Nutrient Formula that comes with; Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, MonoPotassium Phosphate, Magnessium Sulphate, Calcium Nitrate and a dry Trace mix similar in content to Plantex CSM+B. You don't need to buy the whole six pack if you don't like. Each comes in a 500g container (1.1 lbs) except for the trace which they give less than half the amount (for some reason which I don't understand). the cost is reasonable at about $40 (all in) for the whole pack.

#3 ·
Given the cost of shipping and the increase in hydroponics shops, KrazyFish's suggestion is spot on.

A online plant package of about one pound each of dry ferts - plus shipping runs between $30 - $40.

Consider splitting a package with members of your local or not so local fish or aquarium club.

#8 ·
Is KNO3 a controlled substance in Canada because of its role in explosives manufacture? Just wondering if international shipping is an option. I seem to recall someone from either Canada, the EU, or Australia complaining about this in the not too distant past. (It's sad that that much of the world blended together in my memory...)

#9 ·
KNO3 in smaller quantities is not illegal in Canada - large quantities is without proper permits. The problem I have found is that many sources outside of Canada will not ship this stuff over borders. I have heard of some that do but I am not sure of the lagalities of it - they may be taking a chance or possibly have special permits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.