The Planted Tank Forum banner

Have a pet(s)? Share a pic here!

17K views 134 replies 68 participants last post by  MikeP_123 
#1 ·
It's great when I see a random photo of someone's pet in their tank Journal, or their Avatar or posted anywhere else.

So, let's share our pets! Dog, Cat, favorite fish, lizard, spider...if it's your pet post it here! Mulitple pets and can't choose between them? Share them all :)

#75 ·
This is my belgian hare, Beau. I used to show rabbits quite a bit, but college has dampened the ability to have them. He currently lives with my parents while I'm at university, and is always glad to see me. He placed 5th at the national show in 2007, and is going to be 6 in January. The attached photo was easy to take, I just set him up in whatever outfit, pose him like in his old show days, and voila, he seems not to mind...

Attachments

#76 ·
Okay here is my baby boy. He just passed away in October. :( His name was Taz, he was 16 when he passed. Named because the first time I picked him up on the side of the highway he literally bit through my fingernail into the soft tissue underneath. I carried him back to my truck hanging from my finger he wouldn't let go lol.
Cat Plant Felidae Carnivore Grass

As you can tell he loved sleeping in my work boots not idea why o_O
Cat Felidae Wood Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

This is a pic of Taz with his brother Grey (who is currently meowing at me trying to get me to play)
Cat Mammal Carnivore Felidae Flooring

Me and Grey chillin on the couch!
Cat Comfort Couch Carnivore Felidae

Never fails you try to change the sheets on the bed he's up there.
Cat Carnivore Felidae Russian blue Grey

Here is Grey and my youngest cat Lacey. Now Lacey has a few other names, like Demon Kitty, or my sister calls her the B*tch. :eek: She's got an evil streak to be sure lol.
Carnivore Comfort Felidae Pet supply Fawn

Here Lacey wants to go with me to my girlfriends house.
Brown Cat Comfort Felidae Carnivore

Last but not least CATNIP!!!! Had it all over the top of the cat house she goes bonkers. Will try to KILL anyone that comes near, me included. She's a bit of a catnip hog lol.
Cat Comfort Grey Carnivore Felidae

Yeah I know alot of pics but I love my kitties! They make the days bearable, always making me smile with their antics!

#80 ·
This is my Yellow Lab Ruby, she's 8 and unfortunatley has a nasty immune defficency (Auto Immune) we've had her for over 3 more years than predicted, its been a blessing and i think of each day with her as a gift. She's my faithful hunting buddy and one of my best friends, ive got a picture of her holding a Duck we harvested but i'm not going to add that for fear i might upset some people.

Attachments

#81 ·
Ok here's my post in this... My fiance and I have rats!! Cats too, but so far no one has posted any rats so I figure I'll be the first! :flick:

These are a Christmas photo shoot my fiance asked me to do with them, We have a naked rat Named May, a black one with few white markings, Peanut, and a cream colored ratty, her name is chai. They are each right around 1 year and 9 months old, so they are getting up there in age, still very spritely though!

May (The nekked one) is crazy, she licks first, asks questions later, and we have kind of labeled her a "rodentist" because she takes any opportunity she can get to try and get in your mouth to clean your teeth! Bleh!

Chai is the smart one of the group, she seems to understand things pretty well, and could probably get her cage door open if she was strong enough.

Peanut is timid, she hides a lot, even though she's given plenty of love and attention, she seems to prefer when we just leave her be!

-Scott

Attachments

#82 ·

Ditto a female champagne rat, in her travel cage.

May-Ling, baby chinchilla, only a few weeks old here

Riza, mother chinchilla

May-Ling few hours after she was born, looking up at her father Roy.

Magenta, a few weeks before she passed away of old age.

Bottle baby foster kittens from last year. (All have new homes)

May-Ling, and her brothers Ed and Al, getting ready for their first weigh in.

Odd eye female rat, Evee.

Hairless female rat, still awaiting a name.

#84 ·
Oh I know.. Ditto, shes the best mannered one I have, she comes when called, uses a litter pan fully. The two new girls are learning form her, but the odd eye (Evee) one is still a bit on the skidish side. Shes gotten a lot better in just a weeks time though, its amazing.

One guy I know had a rat that was so well trained, that when he said 'bed time' the rat ran up the stairs, climbed on to his and his wife's bed, and got into the night time sleeping cage next to their bed. They never had him in the cage if they where home, he used the litter pan as well.

I am hoping to get Ditto trained a little bit more, some extra tricks, jumping threw hoops, and things like that just to keep her stimulated.

#87 ·
I have a bunch of photos to share.

Blue, russian blue rat

No Name yet, American Blue Dumbo

Ziva, Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Abby, Spider Ball Python. She is bigger now, she was only about a month old in that photo. I need to get some new photos of her.

The Girls. I need an updated photo. Two have passed, and I have gotten two more. Maddy(brown, rip), Paige(black long hair) Chloe (light yellow, rip) and Mo-Mo(grey and white). I also have a male piggy named Jack, his friend Nick passed a couple of weeks ago.

Stubbs, bearded dragon.

I have some more pics I will put into another post.

#88 ·

Nevada, German Shepherd. She is nine now, had heart surgery when she was 9 months old.

Shorty, Basset Hound. He thinks Nevada is his girlfriend(and he is NOT a basset, he is a shepherd). Nevada thinks he is a pain in the butt.

Vegas, half lab/half english pointer. He doesn't swim, won't retrieve and is afraid of smaller animals. All smaller animals. And big dogs, and small dogs. He also doesn't like wet grass. And he sleeps in a king sized bed. He's not spoiled at all.

Sebastian

Kenny, he is the ruler of the house. He is about 13/14 years old now.

LG, he is the baby of the bunch. And the biggest.

Lily

Jade talking. She is a big mouth.

Phoebe with LG when he was a kitten.

Shorty, LG and Jade. Doing what they do best.

Phebs being a good mommy. She took care of LG and Jade when we got them like they were her own kittens. we got them at different times. Jade was only about 4 weeks old. LG was older, maybe 6 weeks old. He was dumped. Kenny was also dumped as a kitten. Each one has their own story. But it would take up a lot of room to write each one.

#90 ·
Rocky is our new Maine **** kitten (although he's getting big quick!) that is obsessed with laying on his back. Although my wife says it's me who's obsessed with him laying on his back. I'm also convinced he's plotting to murder me.

Felix is our lovable Ragdoll. Very docile, gentle, and cuddly. Almost not a cat, has almost no instinct, and would stand zero chance at survival. He's sweet.

Oscar is our orange and white neurotic lover. He is very obsessive with stuff. His latest thing is running water and the sink. He didn't notice it for 8 years, and now it consumes him.

#92 ·
This is Betty, but we usually call her Boopie. She has a fetish for paper products.

But she's really sweet.

This is Chuckie, or Chuckaboo. He loves to be the center of attention.

But he's also crazy

And this is Charlie, but we call him Doo Doo. He's our baby

Sorry I'm that annoying parent with photos of their kids in their wallet. I love my furbabies!!

#93 ·
Oh I love seeing all the pictures:)

Most of my internet time is spent on a couple dog forums:redface: I have had dogs my whole life, and while I love all my animals, dogs are my passion.

Here is my old man Marley - he is not doing well this winter:( Just turned 13

This is Ivy - my only non rescue. She is turning 4 next week

Qcumber - he is 14 months

My cats - Fiona is the calico, will be 16 this fall. Odin is the white one, he is around 12

Rats - sadly, down to just one now and she is 2 1/2. I hate having just one but between her age and the mammary tumors, well... We are taking a break from rats for awhile after she goes. So this it Tulip, pictured as a baby

Then we have chickens and ducks and well of course fish and shrimp:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.