The Planted Tank Forum banner

Long Island LFS Tour + Franks Aquarium [Photo added]

19K views 186 replies 26 participants last post by  jellie 
#1 · (Edited)
What? another trip???? Yes... this time we're taking on Long Island.

Our band of brothers and a Sister

Itinerary consists of 7 LFS + Franks Aquarium
  1. Pets Warehouse 10am (Meeting Place)
    177 Glen Cove Road, Carle Place NY 11514
  2. Tropical showcase 10:35am
    372 West Old Country Road Hicksville, NY 11801
    (516) 433-0988
  3. Pets Warehouse 11:25am ***Wide Plant Selection
    1550 Sunrise Highway Copiague NY 11726
  4. Franks Aquarium 12pm (By Appointment)
    www.franksaquarium.com
    544 North Greene Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY 11757
  5. - = LUNCH = -12:45pm-1:45
  6. Country Critters 2:30pm
    152 Medford Avenue Patchogue, NY 11772
    (631) 758-6777
  7. Aqua Hut Inc 2:55pm
    264 Middle Country Road, Coram, NY 11727
    (631) 732-3620
  8. Magic Isle Aquarium 3:25pm
    205 Centereach Mall Centereach, NY 11720
    (631) 585-2939
  9. Jungle Bob's Reptile World 3:45pm
    2536 Middle Country Road, Centereach, NY
    (631) 737-6474

Tour route / directions

Local meet up in Queens @ 9am, in Brooklyn @ 830am (to factor additional driving time).

Per the map, some shops are 10 min apart, while others are 40 minutes away. We are cramming a lot into the day and take into account the fish gazing time so early departure is necessary. If time runs short, we will likely trim a few stops.

Here are some folks tentative in attendance:

From Brooklyn
People should plan to arrive at the location below 8:00. (8:15 at the latest)
Below is a Google map AND street view so all should be clear where to go and what the area looks like.

From Queens
All people are being pickup by Dan starting 8am for Queens departure by 9am. If we are ahead of schedule before 10am, there's a duncan donuts across the street on glen cove road with free wifi where we can talk and trade plants and livestock.

See less See more
#23 ·
And his garage will be a really tight squeeze too. Don't bring too many people, but I do recommend visiting him. Frank is awesome. I wonder what he's up to now that the Aquarium is in the state that it's in....

Email him first, he runs it out of his house.

#26 ·
Here's a list of places to go and visit:

Country Critters in Patchogue - decent livestock, not so much stuff plant wise, has a variety of bettas (I got my silver dragonscale plakat there), has an indoor pond with large predatory fish.

Magic Isle Aquarium in Centereach - prices are a bit high but they often have hard to find livestock sometimes. I used to go here all the time when I lived out in LI.

Aqua Hut in Coram - probably the best LFS I've been to on LI. Great prices on hardware, food, and substrate (near Amazon prices), high quality livestock, not so many plants.

Jungle Bob's Reptile World in Centereach - Not really fish related but they have a decent stock of reptile and amphibian supplies and livestock. Also a wide variety of larger live foods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.