The Planted Tank Forum banner

Underwater lighting

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tuonor 
#1 ·
Hey All, looking for some advise before buying anything. I have a 80g bowfront that is 27 inches high. I am really intrested in adding some submersed led lights to the substrate close to the back of my tank hidden behing rocks etc. to illuminate my 3D background when the other lights are off. I am wondering if anybody has any experience doing this in a taller tank like mine and if they had found any good products for doing this.

Below is a pic of my tank for reference.

See less See more
#6 ·
If you are up for some simple DIY'ing, check these out: http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

I'm using these as (non-submersed) lunar lights but they claim they are "completely waterproof". Cheap too. I'm running them off a 9V wall wart pirated from an old cordless phone base so basically the whole setup cost $11 (b/c shipping is very reasonable).

The included wire leads are long, so you can definitely run the wire out of the tank before it has to be spliced to a connector. PM me if you need me to measure the wires...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.