The Planted Tank Forum banner

Storm's ADA 60P - Update 3/14/12 - Happy Pi Day - LEDs are wonderful!

20K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  frrok 
#1 · (Edited)
Time for an update - Happy Pi Day!

Original Post:

Hello everybody, this is my first ADA tank and I'm very excited! I'll post picture updates to this first post so that you don't have to browse through the thread for them.

Equipment:

• ADA Cube Garden 60P
  • ADA Garden Mat
  • Fishneedit 24" 2xT5HO Lighting
  • Eheim Classic 2215
  • Aquatek Co2 Regulator with CGA320 to Paintball Adapter
  • Archaea 50 watt heater

Substrate/Hardscape:

• AquaSoil New Amazonia multi-type
  • Ohko Stone

Flora:

• Eleocharis Belem
  • Rotala Colorata
  • Rotala Green "narrow leaf"

Tank is now setup on Garden Mat:

This is the "custom stand" where the tank will sit (granite countertop between kitchen and living room):

See less See more
#69 ·
So far they are pretty nice. I like the clean look, and the coverage with 2 of them is decent for a 60P. They give med-high light for a 24"x9" section of the tank. The one drawback is that the 60P is 24"x12". For me, this is ok, because the background grows too fast anyway and those rotalas don't really need high light. So, I aimed them at the front 9" of the tank and they have pretty good coverage. The temperature is 10K though, so they are a little white for my taste. Not blue though, but my sakura cherry shrimp lost some of their red coloring with the new light.

#71 ·
Time for an update. The Innovative Marine lights have been growing plants like nobody's business! The tank has never looked cleaner either. I do have a few small specs of BGA on the glass (you can see them if you look really close), but I have also not cleaned the glass in 2 whole months! Check it out:

#73 ·
What kind of lighting am I looking at if I use one of these 8w leds on a mini-m? according to the PAR graph at 12 inch its about 20-50 PAR. but goes up to 80 PAR at 6 inches. this is for a 12 x 9 area. the mini-M is 14 x 8. so it would be a couple of inches cut off... I want to replace my lighting soon but def want to find something more efficient and dont want to spend the $$ on a ADA light. I want med-high lighting because I will eventually add co2. Whats your experience with this light so far? thanks... btw, tank looks incredible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.