The Planted Tank Forum banner

10 gallon NANOS

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Badcopnofishtank 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been collecting plants / materials to re-scape my two ten gallon nano tanks for the past few weeks.

I spent some time hiking and finding pieces of juniper for wood. I have a junk 10 gallon laying around that I used to start figuring out the hardscape. (Sorry for the bad pics)

Let me know which layouts you like so far (Remember I am doing 2 nanos)

#6 ·
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!! :biggrin:
I like it!!!!!!

I would say NO on #5, too common/predictable/expected

#10 ·
For a shrimp nano I think #2 holds the most potential for mosses and anubius which shrimp love. Speaking of shrimp Don't forget to drop me a line when you get these tanks running. The gravel you sent me ROCKS!!! IF you want some moss to tie on those branches LMK. I will send it with the shrimp you have breeding in my tanks.

#11 ·
I still like #3 :biggrin: Totally Swamp, man.

Just move one of them forward so that they're not so "symmetrical" like someone suggested. Move one a LITTLE bit to the foreground, just to give it some depth and BOOM:hihi:

I find mad inspiration in user theteh's photo galleries. So AWESOME:hihi:

http://www.theteh.com/html/malaysian_mangrove_swamp_trip.html

#12 ·
1,3,and 5 are good, 3 is symetrical, but i think it could be fixed easily. 1 is cool looking, but i don't think you will get anywhere with the wood touching the front glass. 5 is cool. The only thing about it is the curved thin stick on the bottom, i think it could be trimmed.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the great input!

So far 3 and 5 are tied with 2 being a close second. I agree that 5 is bit symetrical and could use some adjustment. 3 I think is in the same boat and could use some tweaking in order to make it feasible. Thanks for the advice yoko!

Tom- Thanks, but I have a good amount of moss to use on these. I'll keep you updated on when I'll need the RCS.

#17 ·
I am still tossing around hardscape ideas. I hope to plant in the next couple of days.

So far the plant list includes:
Dwarf hairgrass
4 leaf clover
HC
Riccia
A number of stem plants (3 -5 types in each)
Anubias nana petite
Crypts (various)
Dwarf sag
Java fern narrow
Various mosses

#19 ·
Hey Badcopnofishtank, I saw in another Thread you mentioned you have several tanks splitting a filter intake with a big 20 gallon???
Did I read that right???
Do you have pics of that set-up? Or a write up??
I have several small tanks I want to do this with, but don't know how to.
I'm not sure if it was your Thread that I came across....

So, looking forward to your #3 *w-wink* :wink: :wink:

#23 ·
As much as some people dislike #3, if you went with a swamp-themed aquarium, it would look really cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.