The Planted Tank Forum banner

Where to find 18W straight-pin bulbs?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tessoci 
#1 ·
I'm having a lot of trouble finding 18W straight-pin PC's in the 6500K range. I did manage to find 50/50 bulbs, but I'm looking for complete 6500K bulbs. Anyone know an online retailer that sells them?

#2 ·
These are tough to find at a decent price. You can find them on eBay, but the best place I've found is Innovative Lighting Solutions. 6700K on sale for $8.99.

I bought mine there for my Coralife 12" Aqualight and they shipped very quickly and are perfect!

Good luck!
--Rebecca

#6 ·
Some of us do check the sponsors' pages!

But please consider that there may be several factors why I did not order from a sponsor's site:

Maybe the sponsors' websites were organized in such a way that I did not even notice that they sell CF lighting. :tongue:

It's also possible that the sponsors' sites did not even have these bulbs in stock when I was looking this spring. I had an extremely difficult time finding them for less than $25 each, and I looked everywhere.

It's most likely that the site I ordered from had lower shipping costs, takes my favorite flavor of credit card (AmEx), or ships orders faster. <shrug>

Could be anything, but nobody want to be scolded for ordering from wherever they please, while you're promoting your own site in the very next breath.

Why not a simple "I also have these bulbs on my sponsor site at aquariumplant.com" and let people make their own choices. :proud:

--Rebecca

#8 ·
Could be I missed it on aquariumplant.com and aquatic-store.com because I was searching for 6700K!

I'll keep you guys in mind when I need replacements! Good to know you now take AmEx! :proud:

--Rebecca

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.