The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rumford Pet Center's fish room under new management

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ftwchopper 
#1 ·
HI all, as of next week I believe, Rumford Pet Center's fish room is going to be run by Something Fishy Inc. They've already started making some changes and I think it'll be a great redone fish room.

I met the new manager and he seems to be a great guy, he is a reefer though and it seems no one on their team is a planted tank guy/gal which is disappointing. So I'm applying to work there :help:

-Andrew

#2 ·
Was it ever even open under the original management? I'm slightly confused. This is the business you setup as a result of that school project you did, right? So you never got to do anything with it? Did you at least benefit financially from this transaction?

Sorry for all the questions. It's just, ever since that school project of yours I've been interested in seeing your business come to fruition.

#3 ·
I went to the Rumford Pet Center on Route 2 in Warwick. Place is a puppy mill #1 which a big no no for me n2m they had absolutely 0 fish supplies. Which is even more perplexing considering they had a huge <100g beautiful reef set up. Had a few gorgeous chihuahuas (already have 2 that rule my life). Wanted to gank them just to get them out of that hell hole. Wrong location ?

#9 ·
Ahh that makes sense. Really hoping RI gets some better LFS's soon. Its tough maintaining the hobby up here w. 0 local support (outside of tpt members ive met).

#10 ·
This is a fairly old thread but I thought I would keep it alive considering there's nothing happening in R.I. or Ma where I live. I just setup my first tank, a 30 gallon. I go to Rumford Aquarium / Something Fishy, Inc. for help & guidence. The 3 people I've spoken with there are very, very knowledgible. The person I will rely on for my any questions or information I can't get either through TPT or internet will be Caroline, next would be Pat & last would be Michael. You can email them anytime & they will answer your questions or just stop in if you live around here. Email address for Caroline is Caroline@somethingfishy.com

Another great Aquarium if your from around here is Rhode Island Aquarium on North Main Street Providence, R.I. The place has been in business forever, they have great supplies including Flourite & many healthy fish.

Just my 2 cents. Brian

#12 ·
I know this is old, but this place is dead and I don't want to start a new thread for this.

Rumford Aquatics no longer has fish anything. They are selling off the remainder of their stuff and just have the display tank that is maintained by something fishy.

What little they have is dirt cheap. $11 bulbs are selling for $3-4. There are a few Beta tanks and stuff. A little bit of food and chemicals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.