The Planted Tank Forum banner

|Jeff's ADA Mini Fissidens Mini S| Stock suggestions?

18K views 78 replies 22 participants last post by  Couesfanatic 
#1 · (Edited)
So I managed to find time to setup my first ADA tank, a Mini S that I snagged off CL for a pretty good price.

What do you guys think? Just threw this scape together in a few mins, critiques please :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol yup, I was the one who pulled that "Mini M" off CL, turns out its a mini S, gotta change the title!

I kinda wanted them to be on the small side as I'll only be covering them in moss but I see your points

+1 to what Kiran said. They are too small and are all the same size. Great stones, but you definitely need some larger ones (as well as some medium-sized ones) to finish it off. Good start.
How do you think of the idea with a larger rock as a focal point with smaller rocks accenting in and same with the right side but the focal point being smaller?

Upon second thought they may lend themselves well to a rock pile type scape.
I was primarily aiming for two slopes that had small rocks sticking out on both sides to have tiny patches of moss but I see where your both coming from, we shall see what I come up with tomorrow after track practice ;)

#11 ·
Yeah Jeff! Finally! Lol who am I to talk? I don't have a nice tank. Lol. I think the larger stones you have would lend themselves nicely to a mountainy slopey scape. Like a nice big slope that is build around the rocks with tips poking out of the substrate and moss around the rocks. I did something similar in my 4g evolve.

#12 ·
I think the two groups you're trying to get at with this scape will work but not if you do it that symmetrically -- off center man, off center!

Keep trying until you get something amazing, the best you can; even if it takes two weeks. Besides, we typically don't get to see a dry tank for more than a few days --- enjoy it while it lasts!

#20 ·
There we go!

Still, too symmetrical in my opinion. Your two outer rocks, they're like this: / /. In order fix the front left, I'd take the far left rock and replace it with the one on the far right, and then take the one from the left and turn it inward, like this: / \. I'd slope the substrate some too. I think all of this would look more natural.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.