The Planted Tank Forum banner

|Jeff's ADA Mini Fissidens Mini S| Stock suggestions?

18K views 78 replies 22 participants last post by  Couesfanatic 
#1 · (Edited)
So I managed to find time to setup my first ADA tank, a Mini S that I snagged off CL for a pretty good price.

What do you guys think? Just threw this scape together in a few mins, critiques please :)

See less See more
#69 ·
Theres some minor algae in there right now, spirogyra, BBA and hair algae to be specific but the amanos will take care of that sooner or later. Moss is growing in quite nice, will do an update once the moss is cleaned up and everything is nice and clean.

Now:Does anyone have suggestions for livestock?! I'm thinking pygmy or habrosus cories or some micro fish. Suggestions?

#70 ·
Pygmy cories and rasbora maculatas get along really well, and are playful with good personalities for micro fish. :smile:

Cories though can be too active for shrimp, so if you plan on keeping the amanos, you might reconsider the cories.

Also, I don't think Amanos eat that type of algae... at least they don't in my tank. ;)

Look forward to seeing an updated picture!

#71 ·
Yea I think I might go with Boraras Maculatus with a few pygmies. The Amanos will actually be bigger than the Cories so I don't see them as a threat or a disturbance.

I'm thinking either 15 Boraras Maculatus or 10 Boraras Maculatus with a few pygmies.

Any experiences on the schooling behavior of Boraras Maculatus?

Half the clean up crew :)

#78 ·
Thanks! Looking at it now, it'll take a few trims before it fills in completely over the mesh to where I want it to be

Geez man, I'd never pay that much for that many of those guys largely because I can never keep them in the tank :icon_redf :icon_roll :frown:
Lol that's why you cut a piece of plexiglass to fit the top ;)

I got 20 for like $44 shipped? Still way cheaper than my LFS :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.