The Planted Tank Forum banner

ROAK: Lots of hygroryza aristata...

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
Was gunna throw it out but if anyone wants, hey. Free.

Got a stem thats almost 2 feet long haha. Probably have like 5 portions, depending on if people want.

Cool floater. Pick up in Brooklyn, or during this Fridays trip...or sometime in LES/Union Square. PM me :D

#4 ·
its growing in my /low medium light cpo tank at the moment. soaking up excess nitrates as i have no plants due to the cray fish. it is much more suitable in larger tanks as it is tidier than other floaters that tend to mix and make the tank sort of messy looking.

#5 ·
It appreciates a lot of flow as well. Unlike other floaters. I found suction cups and string the best way to keep it where you want. Just tie string around the very end where there are no leaves.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

#21 ·

Got this plus a few more stems to get rid of. I'm in the city on sundays to meet up, as far as week days..not sure, my sched changes every week and I gotta find time to go there. Otherwise I'm in Brooklyn!

Would rather not ship, I know a few of you PMd me for em, but if no one else local speaks up Ill ship. Holidays and everything might mean a lot of delays.

Also.
ROAK! BRAZILIAN PENNYWORT (probably mixed with cardamine lyatra)

Pretty much all of whats in my tank. Heres the caveat. BBA! You have been warned. Some parts of it are covered in BBA. You can trim the clean stems, dip em, and all should be good. ...please one person take all :( Its got a lot of huge leaves, some growing emersed. Does awesome floating in my tank.

Its everything you see next to that apple... that little portion on the left? Thats what I'm keeping for myself hah.

Gunna be at pacific tomorrow at 12:15 or so. If anyone wants to meet there, let me kno!

#24 ·
I find that light and little or no surface aggitation works best. Infact, I had a piece live in a bucket of moss under my desk for two weeks with no light. It didn't grow but it also didn't die either. This plant reacts very well to pruning unheathy portions off. Give that a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.