The Planted Tank Forum banner

New lens! -EYE CANDY

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Snowflake311 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
:eek::eek::eek: What do you shoot with? One of those Sony P&S/DSLR hybrids :eek5::eek5::eek5:

We got it lightly used for a really good price from a friend.

Sweeet :D Be prepared to get lots of comments, such as "Wow, I bet you can see to the moon with that thing!".....dont bother explaining it's only a 70-200, they won't get it lol...
It's nice and hefty! But the focus and zoom are so smooth! I can't wait to use it!! I have a volleyball tournament today, so my mom gets to try to use it, hope she gets some awesome shots of me!

#9 ·
:eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5:

Yup...moved to the dark side...as of tomorrow, my D300 ships out and I'll be shooting an EVIL Sony NEX-6. It's at the post office waiting to be picked up tomorrow.

I'm keeping my Nikon lenses and the plan is, either to grab the upcoming (assuming there is one) D300/D7000 replacement, or grabbing another D300/D300s/D7000 when the prices crash after a new camera body is announced.

I decided to try the mirrorless and sell my D300 while I could still get a little out of it. Nikon just officially discontinued the D7000 so rumors have it that means a possible replacement is coming down the pipe. Who knows. I figure in a few months or so, I can get another D300 for a couple hundred less than I sold mine for or a D7000 for not much more.
Interesting, haha! Hows the mirrorless life? You should go for D800!!!

Got to try it out a bit today, I love it! And yes, I can see the moon through it- thank you very much! I had a volleyball tournament so my mom got to have most of the fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.