UDGags-125g-Picture Update 1/25/15 - Page 32
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #466
UDGags
aka Nick

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to UDGags Send a message via Yahoo to UDGags

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
I was just fooling around.
haha, I know

Old Yesterday, 02:31 AM   #467
Hyzer
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

I always like checking out your tank. Inspiring dutch work. Looks like you are off to a good start for 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
Your driftwood looks like a kangaroo sleeping!
Can't unsee...
Old Yesterday, 02:56 AM   #468
HSA1255
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I just read this whole thread because I love the look of your tank. Wow, you really know what your doing and the scapes you have accomplished are remarkable. I've got to be honest, this recent layout of wood seems a bit too linear to me... and the back right piece curving up like a head just strikes me as odd... but seeing the work you have done I think you could plant it just like it is and it will be remarkable. Some of your other hardscapes at this preliminary point just drew my eye in more I suppose... But I have seen some really cool looking tanks that drew attention when the plants and hardscape complemented each other well. I think you are capable of doing just that with the arrangement you have. Amazing skills, I am looking forward to seeing where this scape takes you.
HSA1255 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM   #469
UDGags
aka Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer View Post
I always like checking out your tank. Inspiring dutch work. Looks like you are off to a good start for 2015. Can't unsee...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSA1255 View Post
I just read this whole thread because I love the look of your tank. Wow, you really know what your doing and the scapes you have accomplished are remarkable. I've got to be honest, this recent layout of wood seems a bit too linear to me... and the back right piece curving up like a head just strikes me as odd... but seeing the work you have done I think you could plant it just like it is and it will be remarkable. Some of your other hardscapes at this preliminary point just drew my eye in more I suppose... But I have seen some really cool looking tanks that drew attention when the plants and hardscape complemented each other well. I think you are capable of doing just that with the arrangement you have. Amazing skills, I am looking forward to seeing where this scape takes you.
Thanks for all the compliments. I've definitely learned a lot through this process.

You sound like my wife. I asked her about the hardscape and she wasn't a huge fan either. She liked when I had one piece of wood on each side the best. I also liked the wood on each side but that was so much like my 2013 tank that I wanted something a bit different. We'll see how it works out. It's easy enough to flip the wood and replant if this doesn't pan out.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM   #470
HSA1255
Algae Grower

I think you could do a tank that's heavy on one side successfully... or even one with a center clump with branches reaching out.. you have the addiction. Ha.
HSA1255 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 04:17 AM   #471
UDGags
aka Nick

Yeah, the thing the bugs me the most right now is that two pieces of wood are two different colors. I'm hoping long term I can cover/mask the front one.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM   #472
trailsnale
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDGags View Post
Yeah, the thing the bugs me the most right now is that two pieces of wood are two different colors. I'm hoping long term I can cover/mask the front one.
i noticed that immediately and liked the contrast. assumed it was by design as your tanks are very thought out.

i think i've mentioned this in the past, but props again for identifying plant names w/ pics. i'm not an expert by any means and it really helps to get to know the plants better. appreciate your effort in doing so.

agree w/ others on your 2013 tank. one of the best!
trailsnale is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #473
UDGags
aka Nick

I basically have a stack of wood and that's what I chose. I have two other large pieces, one I used in 2013 and the other is too big for the tank. Ideally, I would have bought some new wood but I don't have the money for it so I'm working with what I got.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.