The Planted Tank Forum banner

Picture help

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  ninoboy 
#1 ·
I really need help on how to insert pictures in a post. I don't have any problem in other forums except here. I have url address also but seem cannot work also. What do you have to click? Insert image or link or what? I don't think size is the issue here.

Oh, I tried using search also but can't get anything there.

Thanks in advance:proud:

#3 ·
Uhm, I can't find the img tag. Is it insert image tag? When I clicked on that, it asked me the url address and somehow didn't show any img wrapping. Look at the pic. album. I just test to post my tank set up and I think only the url address shows up.

#4 ·
Ninoboy, you can just type the tags in.

To see what I mean, find a post that has images (you can check one of my photo albums) and hit "quote". You'll see the code show up in the quoted text....

Try again. I'll be online for awhile yet...

#9 ·
Ahh, I think it's because you're linking to a web PAGE and not just a specific image. When I post a pic, it's just an image that's sitting on my website (i.e. http://wannacomewith.com/cw/aq/20g_otto_070504.jpg), not a specific page on my website.

Does that make sense?

#10 ·
The problem is that link is not a picture but it is a html document.

The link to your picutre is:
http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QgCz*48S*Ek4aJZYFppvVykH5QTMJcIw9fa5tgCjTvqgPOMYYxGw4WTOre!KZmKNZAWG*m6MksV6!rx151E7GDAKR3wer5iOnlp76WBpfuc/DSCN0011.JPG

The problem is that it is a little big.

#11 ·
Yeap, you both are right. Thanks Amanda and Mpb. I know what the problem was. I have to get the specific pic. address. I found it in the property. They are bit too large to post.

Thanks for being patience. I'm really from stone age:confused:
I'll resize all of them first then:proud:

#12 ·
ninoboy,
try out www.tinyurl.com. It'll turn your big url into a little one. And if you use Mozilla Firefox for your browser, you can actually get an extension that adds this to your right click!

There are other sites like sony's imagestation and photobucket that you can use for hosting that will allow linking.

--Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.