The Planted Tank Forum banner

Lily pipe/glassware for eheim 2211 canister filter recommendations?

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  freshestemo412 
#1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum and some of these tanks look superb (same with aquascapeworld) :) anyway

I am going to buy an eheim 2211 cannister filter with 12mm and 16mm diameter.
I would like recommendations of lily pipes for a nano tank.
thanks a lot

#4 ·
Hi sorry I'm new to the forum, thanks so are you sure that all I have to do is shove these into the green pipes and there won't be any leakage ;)?
+ Does it matter that my canister filter is next to my tank as I cannot put it beneath my tank because it is on a kitchen surface.
thanks

#6 ·
It's cool, we're all new once.

I've never even owned an eheim filter... too expensive and for $50 less I grabbed a zoomed 501 for my mini-s. But yes, they'll fit fine. And it doesn't matter, just put the filter next to your tank. It makes no difference where the filter is.

For a filter you won't really see (no one photographs the filter lol) it doesn't make that big a difference. (Eheim IS a better filter by far though afaik)

#9 ·
I just set up a 3g using the 2211 canister filter and do aqua lilly pipes from Aqua Forest aquarium. You can order them separately to get the correct sizes. I went with:
Violet Glass・mini (outflow) MP-1 10D (140-541) 10mm
Violet Glass・mini (inflow) MV-1 13D (140-542) 13mm

#13 ·
I just bought some glassware for my tank, and one of the things I did was add a quick connect to the tube so you can get a brush up in there to clean.

Also, a little trick to get the tubing over the glass is to put the tubing in some very hot water for a little while to make it more pliable. It will go on easier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.