The Planted Tank Forum banner

Toxic Ten ~ The End

74K views 226 replies 73 participants last post by  1987 
#1 · (Edited)
Content removed by DogFish

#3 ·
I don't even want to think how that smelled. I will be following along though. I want to see what happens. Are you going to be testing on a regular basis? I am curious what the Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonia do.

Subscribed.:proud:

#7 ·
It actually wasn't that bad but, I do clean up after to dogs everyday. I would have proffered to let it cook for 3wks but, I have to clear out some tank space for new plants that are on the way.

Nope, no testing. The pics will tell the story be it Most Triumphant success or Epic Fail, stay tuned to this channel.
I hate cleaning up after 4 legged animals. Got two cats, and the smell they make is unreal.

Don't worry, I am not changing the channel.

#12 ·
Yes, it smelled like a Rottweiler farted expresso. It's in the unfinished basement, 4-20Ls in background for grow-out
OH, :hihi: you just made day shine and I had such a horrible day that I thought I was going to get fired.

Bet the wife or girlfriend won't let you bring that in the house.

Because I don't own a horse.
:hihi::hihi:Now I am laughing so hard struggling to type. What does a horse have to do with an aquarium

#16 ·
I thought that dog poop shouldn't be composted? Well, that's what my green bin says.
Even after 8 days, the dog poop in my lawn doesn't look anywhere near decomposed.

Any water quality issues?

#17 ·
You are just nuts, but thank you, I'm laughing so hard. I'm definitely subscribed and am so curious to see what happens but I think it will be no different that MG with cow manure, and can't even think of the smell while you were making the substrate, but more power to you if it works.

#22 ·
The amount of manure on a field in part is based on economics of supply & labor and not necessarily volume. Also, this poop is mixed in with with the other substrate components vs just being spread.

That in exactly why I set this up. That advice is a good on a very general basis. It's based on concerned that dog poop from a dog with intestinal worms could pass that to humans IF that poop isn't cooked in a hot compose pile.

Since I am starting with dogs that are clear of worms that part is a non issue.

Animal poop is a natural part of soil.

Life's to short not to have fun, too bad we need to get grey before we realize that.

Funny thing once I added the aquarium water to the soil (before the cap) it smelled more like the the trash can at Starbuck than a a kennel.

:biggrin:
Lol. Trash can at Starbucks.:hihi:

#23 ·
Subscribed. How could I not be? ; )
Just thinking about your neighbors watching you take pics of dog droppings makes this worthwhile...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.