The Planted Tank Forum banner

Slowly learning my new camera....

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ddaquaria 
#1 ·
3 billion functions on this thing... but heres the start...

Next time I'll clean the glass first.... I really need to get a remote flash.

#2 ·
I still suck at photographing my tanks, my camera takes awesome photos but when it comes to the tank I just cant seem to get the settings right. I had a friend that ley me borrow his old 1.2 mp Digital and it was basically a point and shoot and took very nice photos. But when I went and bought one I bought a fancy Olympus C-4000 Zoom with too many bells and whistles.. :lol:
Now I need to go to " Camera College" to work it ! Im gettin better, another 5,000 photos and I should get it... LOL

What ya using for a camera rossi ?

#4 ·
Sweet, the 10D

I'm looking forward to more of your pictures, since that is a camera that I have my eye own as well. I currently shoot with a Sony F707, but would like the interchangeable lenses of the 10D more.

SWEET :shock:

#8 ·
man... i wish i had a camera like that. how much did it cost you? im just getting into digital photography. ive been hanging out at photo.net. i think its a pretty good site even though its slow and has an ugly interface. i have a 300 dollar camera point and shoot so i can learn basic photography. i have never taken pictures in my life... decent pictures that is. right now im just focusing on composition cuz i don't have all those cool manual functions, but with some quick photoshop stuff i can make it look like a fancy camera's work. :) depth of field, etc.

#9 ·
the lizard was shot with a very shallow depth of field...

a good sit to read about cameras is www.dpreview.com

the my camera was $1499 without the lens. I have 2 lensed ~$500 each and a $300 hotshoe flash.. saving up to get a remote flash for aquatic pics.

One thing different about this cam and the rest... I have taken over 500 pictures and have only charged the battery 2x.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.