The Planted Tank Forum banner

Progress, finally

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bigoletankoffish 
#1 ·
Well, after trial and error many many times, I think I may have gotten something right. :)

I setup a 20 gal tank about 6 weeks ago. It was originally going to be a transplant tank. I was going to take some small clippings from my 110gal and once they were established in the 20 gal transplant them back into the 110 gal. Sort of cut out the growing pains.

Well, I started liking how the setup looked and started add a few more things. I got rid of some stuff that wasn't working real well as well. Moved stuff around around. I finally picked up a small piece of driftwood and I got a look that I really like.

There are a few things that I probably should have done a bit better. I got really impatient with the glosso, and it isn't planted right. I just hope that it grows in, and that it will cover up my impaitents.

I've really liked the Red Tiger Lotus. It was really beat up when I got it, and was pretty small. It seems like I get a new leaf every day now.

Any comments?

See less See more
#2 ·
The red tiger lotus looks great.
But I think you should take the extra time to do the glosso. Being planted like that, it usually just floats up. Though it might take a few hours to plant, it'll make a huge difference.

#5 ·
There was quite a bit of adding, moving, and removing which caused the drastic change.

I think this is everything that I have in there right now:
  • Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia Repens)
  • Sunset Hygrophila (Hygrophila Polysperma 'rosanervig')
  • Narrow Leaf Giant Hygro (Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis')
  • Water Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis)
  • Red Temple (Alternanthera reineckii)
  • Glosso (Glossostigma elatinoides)
  • Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea lotus 'zenkeri')
  • Bananna Plants (Nymphoides aquatica)
  • Rotala Indicia
  • African Green Hygro (Ammania gracilis)
  • Moneywort (bacopa monnieri)
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of it that you can tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.