The Planted Tank Forum banner

2 - 12X12 Rimless Tanks for PRL & PBL Ideas for scapes

4K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  sbarbee54 
#1 ·
So I get 2 rimless tanks 12x12 tomorrow they will be dedicated as one to PBL and one to PRL. I gave all my other PRL to my brother so starting fresh. I have finnex fugray2 for both and will be using AC20 on them. I think I am going to do one with DRL Akadama and one with Amazonia... I know people are starting to hate akadama and it is hard to find, but I have 3 bags and for a year now I have had good luck, and my TB love it and breed like rabbits in it.

I need scape ideas, Of course I will have moss, Fissidens and Xmass. I was thinking of doing a Nurii as the main plant in one and a Red metallic in the other???? With Seiryu stones in the back corners with the substrate slanting tall in the back to shorter in the front with a fissidins carpet between them or something to that sort.... Or have the fissidens glued to the sieryu stones and have a small drift wood off to one side and the seiryu stones to the other... Help....12x12 not much room but I want these to pop.

#31 ·
2nd tank up and cycling. Went with another stump scape but with more rocks. These stumps worked out great for nano tanks. Amazing, plus these low iron tanks I got from Frank look awesome, and the finnex lights, love them. Plus these finnex PX 360 are great for nano tanks and do well.

Really cloudy now and the stump is not quite water logged so I may have a picture in a few days when I get it to anchor in

#32 ·
So it is clearing up, should be able to get a pick tomorrow. I am hopping I can make the buffering slow a little of the Amazonia by doing water changes every other day. It is pulling my water to sub 5.... So I am hoping that allot of water changes will help the ammonia to stop leaching faster and the buffering ability to tone down some. I am reall impressed with these high clarity 12x12 cubes from frank. The look amazing.... Also I have to say again I love the finnex fugray lighting, and the finnex px 360 mini canister does a great job as well!

Second scape has more rocks in it, they are being used to hold down the manzanita but the scape came out good too. Only thing missing is the Nurri Mutated I pick up from antbug tomorrow. So it will have some Bylxa, and nurri and a nurri mutated, plus moss I have yet to add and some nana petite.

#33 ·
Update got some PBL from Nick and have some more coming from Howard.... here are some up to date pics of the tanks. Also going to be grabbing some PRL soon to start that tank. Both are scaped with manzanita stumps and Sieyru Stone.

PBL tank

Now PRL tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.