The Planted Tank Forum banner

Show me your Spec!

186K views 511 replies 179 participants last post by  RWaters 
#1 ·
Just got mine put together, not ready for a pic quite yet, what for the cloudyness..

I'll show you mine if you show me your Fluval Spec. :]

#41 ·
I couldn't miss ordering a Spec as it was only £36.99 and it arrived today. It's so dinky! I've wanted RCS for a long time and this is the perfect little tank for having a few in. I've set it on my bedside table but I'm not going to set it up until tomorrow. I have nothing to put in it because I wasn't sure of it's size, but I have ordered a bunch of low-light plants that can go into my 20 gallon tank if there's too many.

Can't wait to set it up!

#44 ·
Esworp - I'm starting with small stuff too. I put three baby Crypts I'd grown in my goldfish tank and put them in my Spec. I've got a veryyy long wait ahead of me. I might put a couple of Java fern in the back but I'm undecided.

I've also put a diy CO2 system on it using a wooden airstone whilst I'm waiting for my glass on and bubble counter, but I've got a feeling it's overkill. There's bubbles everywhere!

#61 ·
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to show off my high-tech spec:

Flora: Cabomba caroliniana, Cabomba furcata, Cabomba silvergreen, Rotala rotundifolia, Hemianthus callitrichoides, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Staurogyne repens, Sagittaria subulatta, Eriocaulon sp. Japan, Syngonanthus belem, Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov'

Fauna: 3 PFRs, with several Class N Lime Green Endlers coming tomorrow (thanks again somewhatshocked/Jake!)
Equipment: Fluval Ebi 13 watt PCL, stock filter, nano glass drop checker

CO2: Pressurized paintball CO2 @ 1.2 BPM

Ferts: RootMedic RootCaps, Seachem Flourish Excel, soon to be replaced by RootMedic OneStep!

WC schedule: 40% once weekly

Let me know how it looks and please give any suggestions!

#67 ·
Yeah, it was quite interesting getting it trimmed that way. I always do love scapes leading to one corner and the shape of this tank lends well to it. Fish should be here today -- will post pics. Also, this tank has been set up since August (my bday present) but I just rescaped it to look like this a week or two ago. Since I added the Fluval Ebi light on Saturday, some of my red plants are turning, well, red :)

I got rid of the neons I had in it last night (brought them to LFS) to make room for the endlers that Somewhatshocked gave to me for just the price of shipping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.