The Planted Tank Forum banner

First planted tank and post!

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Nolan 
#1 ·
Howdy all!
I've been lurking around for a while and I've finally decided to post. I just setup my first planted tank a few days ago and I can't wait to see how it goes! It's a 25 gallon setup with a few random cryps, a java fern and a few others (can't remember their names!). I've got 4 guppies, 7 cardinal tetras, 2 otos and a few zebrafish. Everyone seems very happy and my plants seem to be doing well. I ordered a Finnex Fugeray (24") which will be here tomorrow... can't wait! My tank is 20" deep however the substrate is probably 17" from the top. Anyone have experience with the Fugeray? I hope it suits!
Here she is, take it easy on me as this is my first planted tank! All tips are definitely welcome and thanks :proud:

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks for all of the tips, guys!
I just got my 24" fugeray and its amazing! I'm gonna start working on getting some better plants as well as some foreground action. I'm looking for a bigger piece of driftwood too which if like to plant moss on. Heres an updated picture! If anyone has a nice piece of driftwood they'd like to part with, I'd love to talk!
Water Plant Vertebrate Blue Green

#15 ·
Well, I've got some awesome plants and wood from some great members here...
Here's the current setup! I took the Buddha out, added 2 large pieces of driftwood and added about 7 different crypts and planted some dwarf hairgrass. I just hope my 24" fugeray is able to grow it!
What do you guys think?
Water Plant Botany Pet supply Terrestrial plant
Water Plant Fluid Aquatic plant Wood
Plant Organism Water Vegetation Wood
Water Plant Pet supply Organism Terrestrial plant

I just planted the crypts, they were almost completely melted during their travel here but hopefully they'll be back and beautiful soon!

#17 ·
I just got a few sample root tabs from ripariumsupply along with my plants. I am dosing Flourish Excel (just started this week) and I plan on doing that three times a week. I have no idea how often or if I should be using root tabs and/or liquid ferts.. I thought maybe since I have dwarf hairgrass and heavily planted.

#18 ·
Anyone think this is okay?
I've got my fugeray mounted with the attachable legs- I would like to keep it without a top on. I just installed a aquaclear 50 and there doesn't seem to be any sort of splash especially when the water level is high. The only thing that concerns me is an occasional air bubble floating up. Anyone use their fugeray like this without a top?
Water Plant Vertebrate Green Light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.