The Planted Tank Forum banner

Where to get angelfish?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  urbanherbalist 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a few nice looking angelfish-- but i can't seem to find any place that has the colors i want. I'm interested in:

(All full-grown, no juveniles)
• Koi with lots of orange, not panda koi.
• Black/White Marble
• Half Black
• Gold
• Sunset

Any ideas on where i can find these types of angelfish in the Phoenix/Mesa/Tempe area? Pets Inc sometimes has some nice angels, but haven't seen any lately..

Aquabid always has nice ones, but i'd rather pick them out myself. And usually they only come in like 5 packs anyway. :icon_roll

#2 ·
I haven't seen many angelfish at Pets inc either. You might get lucky stopping by pet/smart/co from what I recall I used to purchase small orange koi and marbled ones back in the day. Then again, quality at these stores imho, has singnificantly dropped in the past 10 years. Goodluck in your pursuit for the Angels, I know you'll find 'em. Post here when you do. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
#10 ·
you can try aquatouch.. it's on the 51 & camel, a bit of a drive for me, but the store is awesome. i would call them and see though because i can't remember if they stock larger freshwater fish, i was too mesmerized by all their plants haha

#11 ·
Never seen an Angel at Aquatouch, they have minimal freshwater fish and the ones they do have are primarily small and for a planted tank. Pets Inc. is a good option. Aquarium Arts in Mesa recently got back into the freshwater business (went only salt for a few years) and have a ton of Angels when I was there last week. They too are going to begin getting a little into aquatic plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.