The Planted Tank Forum banner

Phoenix friends - CO2 Tank search

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DGarone 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone could share info on good places to get a tank.

I want a 5 lb and I would prefer an aluminum if possible.

I called place named Phoenix Welding Supply downtown PHX and the guy let me know that they did have a 5 pound tank but it was steel, it was $89 and it would cost $18 to fill it.

I have read a really cheap price would be $1 per pound for a tank fill.

Should I be looking somewhere else?

I am also considering ordering the 5 lb off GreenLeaf but I assume the shipping on something that heavy would be pricey.

One last thing, I do live and work in downtown Phoenix, I would prefer to not drive out to Tempe or Chandler or wherever, but I will if that's what it takes.

So anyway, can you give me any tips on good places to go? It would be much appreciated, thank you.

#2 ·
Well, I bought two brand-new tanks off Amazon, I think, last year for like 60-something bucks each. I get them filled at Topps Liquor in Tempe. It's right by ASU, so I know it's a bit of a drive for you; however, they fill them for $5. From what I gather, that's amazingly cheap. And it's not that far of a drive. I live across the street and get to the capitol at rush hour in 20 minutes. So on a Saturday, I imagine, you could be there in 10 or 15.

Tank link.

#3 ·
Well, I bought two brand-new tanks off Amazon, I think, last year for like 60-something bucks each. I get them filled at Topps Liquor in Tempe. It's right by ASU, so I know it's a bit of a drive for you; however, they fill them for $5. From what I gather, that's amazingly cheap. And it's not that far of a drive. I live across the street and get to the capitol at rush hour in 20 minutes. So on a Saturday, I imagine, you could be there in 10 or 15.

Tank link.
Oh okay thanks for the tip, you work at the capitol?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.