The Planted Tank Forum banner

Question about GWAPA

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  chicken 
#1 ·
So I signed up on the GWAPA forum and even as a registered user all but 2 of the forums are locked and the two forums that are not locked I can't post a new thread. Did I miss something?

#2 ·
Hmm, that's strange. I don't remember having any trouble getting onto the forum when I joined GWAPA. Have you tried contacting one of the board? (go to GWAPA.org, then click on the link About GWAPA. There should be contact info for at least one of the board members)

By the way, in case you didn't know, there's a meeting this Saturday. Topic will be "Lighting the Planted Aquarium." Should be very informative, and the mini-auction is always a lot of fun! Info and directions are on the site.

#4 ·
Same with me. I found out you have to pay to be able to post/read. Oh well. The lady that refreshes the planted tanks at the LFS I frequent is a member of the GWAPA, and I think she's the secretary. I'll communicate with her instead.

#6 ·
you need to be a paying member to access the rest of the GWAPA forums....for the information you get through GWAPA (there are quite a few extremely knowledgeable members) and access to the rare plants they have, it's well worth the annual member's dues.

on a side-note, next meeting is tomorrow :) contact them on their forums for more details....

#12 ·
Some of the items in yesterday's auction (If I recall, was 122 bags - and a full house at my place for the meeting!). I'm one of the auctioneers, but it gets hard to remember everything given the size of the auctions nowadays....

Downoi
Blyxa Japonica, Aubertii
Eleocharis Acicularis, Eleocharis sp. (The 12" one Sean Murphy collected - AaronT and myself have sold it to a few folks on the online venues)
Elatine Orientalis, Elatine minima? Was 2 of them anyhow
Rotala Mexicana
Anubias Nana, Barteri, Nana Narrow, sp. 'Gasser", petite
Hygro Araguaia, sp. Bold
Typical cabombas, rotalas (sp. pink, Colorata), ludwigias (Peruensis, Repens, etc.)
Java Fern, java narrow, Java Trident
Java moss, Peacock Moss, Taiwan moss
Crypt Cordata Blassi, Usteriana Green, Wendtii, Wendtii Red, Green Gecko, Pontediferolia, Usteriana x Walkeri Hybrid, Balansae, Spiralis
Marselea Minuta, Polygonum Ruby, Utricularia Gramnifolia, Bolbitis large and small forms

and who knows how many plants aren't coming to the top of my head...then of course non-plant items too!

Manzanita driftwood Packages, 6 pack of Apisto Triple Red Cacutoides, Guppies, Cory Aeneus bags(spelling), Cherry shrimp, sponge filter packs...

Along with Raffles (Several prizes, 1st prize was a package for CO2 including brass check valve and perma seal, glass bubble counter and diffusor, etc.), food, multiple sessions of DIY item fabrication lessons as this month's topic, handing out of the most recent T5 bulb and TEK fixture group order items.....

Yeah, I like to think the annual dues are worth it. ;)

Two new members yesterday too, which was great!

#15 ·
Haven't been here for awhile, and just saw the last post. I'm sorry no one has answered before now.

Anyone is welcome to come! If you are willing to drive from Cumberland, we're more than happy to have you! Our next meeting is in a couple weeks, in Catonsville. Directions will probably be up on the website soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.