The Planted Tank Forum banner

Jebo = Cheapo?

8K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  jaidexl 
#1 ·
Ok once and for all are these good lights or not?

#33 ·
Just keep your nose on point for anything smoky coming from the pc. Aside from some cheap materials, It seems it's down to a few careless assemblers that have no knowledge of how electricity works or the dangers that lie in it. You might be one of the lucky ones, but if you know anything about that stuff, you might want to open it and have a look to be safe.

#34 ·
I have two All-Glass 2x55W PC striplights. Some time ago, one of the ballasts went bad. I replaced that unit with a Jebo 2x55W PC striplight which has never been as bright as the All-Glass. I thought that was due to the much larger All-Glass reflector.

Recently I obtained a "JEBO 2x55W replacement Ballast" from Ebay to replace the one in my broken All-Glass unit. I immediately notice on the label "2x40W" despite it also being labelled for 55W PC bulbs. Another odd thing was the amps was listed as 0.65 while my All-Glass unit states 1.15A. Just to make sure, I compared this replacement ballast with the one in the Jebo striplight and yes, they were identical.

Now with two working All-Glass units, the only difference is the ballast, you can clearly tell the Jebo-ballasted unit is dimmer (see pic with exposure 2.5 stops down to show difference, bulbs are identical and have been on several hours).

Bottom line: I do not think these jebo ballasts are running the bulbs to their full potential--they are underpowered. Not only that, the 2G11 connectors on the Jebo striplight are junk...lose connection after a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.