The Planted Tank Forum banner

How is my light setup? 150 Gallon

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mark Allred 
#1 ·
I'm in the midst of planning out my 120 - 150 gallon technical planted community tank project. I have a rough outline of lighting that I will be using. I'm not looking for a very high tech lighting system such as thunder storm simulation or sunrise/ sunset dimmer lights on tracks or anything like that (for now but things may change). please tell me what you think of the setup and tips and tricks of the trade would be greatly appreciated

Here's what I'm thinking: (Picture)

A) Ballast with three fluorescent bulbs with all visible light spectrum, with the majority being spectrum of energy rich light, red, and green to bring out colours of flora and fauna.

B1) & B2) Ballast with one fluorescent bulb with all visible light spectrum, with the majority being spectrum of energy rich light, red, and green to bring out colours of flora and fauna.

C1), C2), C3), C4) LED white moon lights and orange(not spectrum, just coloured) lights (sunrise and sun set) I may add purple and or red as well

D1), D2), D3), D4) LED strips with all visible light spectrum, with the majority being spectrum of energy rich light, red, and green to bring out colours of flora and fauna.

- Morning: C1), C2), C3), C4) turn on to simulate the sun rise for an hour
- A) turns on, D1) and D2) turn on.
- C1), C2), C3), C4) turn off roughly the same time or minutes later
- Noon: B1), B2), and D3), D4) turns on until ~2:00pm
- B1), B2) turns off at 2:00pm
- D3), D4) turns off at 4:00pm
- D1), D2) turns off at 6:00pm
- C1), C2), C3), C4) turns on a few minutes before A)
- A) turns off at 6:30pm (winter) 7:30pm (spring and fall) or 8:00pm (summer)
- C1), C2), C3), C4) turns off at 9:00pm

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.