The Planted Tank Forum banner

You thought summer was near?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Eden Marel 
#1 ·
Couldn't have said it better than myself, though I am very convinced someone who has been messing with Google's Weather Control on April 1 actually worked for them.

Yeaaa, loved how it was 70-80's last few weeks, and now yesterday and today cold with rain/snow. :icon_roll But I guess we need the moisture cuz of all them fires, but why couldn't it just be cooler weather with rain instead!! :icon_mrgr

See less See more
#4 ·
You Thought Summer was Near

Good morning E...

At least you got a little moisture. We're still "dry as a bone" to the east. But, I'm not complaining, everything at my place is xeriscaped!

Let it snow, but keep it in mountains and let it flow down here in the spring!

B

#8 ·
Wow looks like a big yard! What are you gonna put in it? I was looking forward on Monday to start working the ground as well for my little garden but the cold and drizzle put me off. And the Siberian Elms around here are sending out seeds like crazy it scares me cuz I have to deal with the seedlings/saplings and they are evil and hard to get out.

#11 ·
Couldn't have said it better than myself, though I am very convinced someone who has been messing with Google's Weather Control on April 1 actually worked for them.

Yeaaa, loved how it was 70-80's last few weeks, and now yesterday and today cold with rain/snow. :icon_roll But I guess we need the moisture cuz of all them fires, but why couldn't it just be cooler weather with rain instead!! :icon_mrgr

we've already had 4 days in a row of over 90. yesterday it was like 87.

Hey, spring lasts 3 days here in SC and then it's straight to 90*F+ everyday :(
whats this spring you speak of? i'm not familar with that term. i know summer, and fall/winter.

#13 ·
My parents have horses and cows at their place. They pile up the shavings and horse crap and the left over hay and cow manure. After a couple years they add it to a larger pile that has been going for about 10 years. So everytime I went to their place the past couple years I took my trailer and brought back a couple yards of compost they made. The whole yard I have worked the compost into the top 8 to 12 inches of soil. I added some chelated iron the past fall too. The new grass should do really well in it.

#14 ·
Wow nice to have free stuff!! 10 years, must be some really nice stuff. Bet your grass is gonna do so well you're gonna need to mow it nearly everyday!! xD

If I could work in that much compost via bagged stuff it cost me over $300. I already spent $45 for two bales of Happy Frog Soil Conditioner which doesn't even cover 1" in my plot. Probably gonna pick up some Brownie Dairy Cow (1.25 cu ft) manure and Clean Earth Soil Compost Mix (1 cu ft) which are both about $6 per bag at HD... so that I have a mixture of stuff to feed the soil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.