The Planted Tank Forum banner

10 gallon set up

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  mosspearl 
#1 ·
Okay, my final tank was set up today when my plants arrived. :) This is a 10 gallon planted tank that will hold fancy guppies (my oldest daughter adores them) once its cycled.

Substrate: CaribSea Tahitian Moon Sand
Hardscape: Lace rock, bogwood, unknown rock (not limestone or sandstone)
Lighting: 2 daylight CFLs
Equipment: Marineland power filter 100, Aqueon 10w heater
Plants: Cryptocoryne spiralis, cryptocoryne undulata, bacopa caroliniana, anubias petite (thanks blackwidow!) marsilea minuta, and a moss that was supposed to be Christmas moss, but I suspect is java moss. Since the photo, I've added some frogbit and dwarf water lettuce.

How soon do I begin testing? My tests just arrived the other day, and I've been testing the other tanks daily, but they ran for at least a week before the tests arrived.

I went from no tanks to four. I'm a bit obsessed. :biggrin:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Update... tank has been set up almost two months now. Played musical tanks with some plants. Others have grown and spread. The moss that was supposed to be Christmas moss now definitely is not, even though the vendor insisted it was. :( I will probably be removing it sometime soon. I don't like the moss I have. Tank currently has cryptocoryne undulata, cryptocoryne spiralis, pellia, watersprite, chainsword, marsilea minuta, bacopa caroliniana, anubias petite, anubias nana, and floaters (frogbit & dwarf water lettuce).

Still no livestock except snails.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.