The Planted Tank Forum banner

Moved into a new place, setting up a heavily planted 75 gallon.

684 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cthulhu 
#1 ·
Hey all, been a while since I posted last. Anyway, my buddies and I got a house (one of my room mates is also an aquarium enthusiast and will be partaking in this new set up with me). In my 75 at my parents house (from which I just moved), I have a ~6-7 inch bed of substrate composed of mostly eco complete and some sand. I currently have a sub-adult jack dempsey, a mature synodontis hybrid, and a raphael cat. I have a heavily planted 55g right now, and I was thinking about taking the contents and basically switching tanks; moving the JD and cats to the 55, transferring DW/plants/stock from the 55 to the 75, and converting the 75 into our main show tank on the main floor, as our basement is going to serve as our fish room (and the stand for the 75 is just so pretty). This will be a high-tech, partially automated setup. EI dosing, co2 injection and what not. I was basically asking if anyone knows of any particularly good aquascapes for a 75g footprint that they can display for ideas. I'm not sure whether I want to go the nature route or not. I can do a mean planted tank but I have never delved into the main schools of thought in aquascaping, be it dutch, naturalistic, or iwagumi. I was also thinking about focusing stock on PFRs or CRS shrimp, with friendly tank mates such as otos and neons. I mostly want to move to the 75 for a larger footprint and more stability in regards to water parameters. Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.