The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone heard of ebiten shrimps?

5K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  ch3fb0yrdee 
#1 ·
I saw a listing on one of the auction sites for fish that had "Ebiten shrimps". it was supposed to be one of the japanese blood line of shrimps that had nice coloring.. is anyone familiar with any of them?

#13 ·
yea, they were def more than i would usually shell out for shrimps, but i kindda was curious to see how they would compare to, my other crs. there are couple normal crs in my tank right now that looks quite nice(color wise, but is lower grade). I will try to post pictures tomorrow once they are introduced to the tank and colored back up though..
i am curious to see shortfin's ebiten shrimps that he got too

#12 ·
personally i dont care about pure thing or not-i i just think the coloring is a bit nicer and brighter; I do have few CrS i bought from this forum that have quite striking white/reds and they are not pure. I do really like the candy-cane striped patterns though, then mostly white...

#26 ·
I guess I'll just say that I've been told a good portion of the CRS in the USA that were initially brought over were ebiten shrimp. I had some back in the day when I kept CRS and they are beautiful and are (or at least used to be) known also for a piece of their carapace that is bonded together differently in females than in other breeder's lines. I doubt it is now the case since they have mixed a lot of stuff over the years.

-Andrew

#30 ·
ok, I got the shrimp, and have acclimated them and just placed them into my tank with others(temporary). right away, I can see that their whites on their body are more solid, and throughout but this might not be only bc they are epiten, but bc they are sss? I have one of the 6, that has pretty bright red and also really bright white, which sorta stands out compared to other 5. They colored back up FAST- and they are exploring and eating crazy right now- i dont know if they are juvies... pretty BIG for being a juvie.. but we will see(?) I have this super Macro camera at work that I can borrow, and will post pictures of my new shrimp(as well as my other Normal ones) tonight when i get back..Stay tuned!

#33 ·
here are the pics!! I gotta tell you, I took about 100 and these were close to being focused. Apparently I picked up the wrong camera......... we have two nikon, and one is supposed to be super macro, and the one I picked up isnt.. it is the other one. so I will try to get better photos.. perhaps later this week or something. New shrimps are moving around and swimming around and eating and it was very difficult to take a good shot- tiny shrimps+moving=super fuzzy pic
this is my fav shot!

showing the legs

this one is the most bright white one- also super active, and flying around,, I could only get the fuzzy shot, and this was the best of them- sorry!

cute!

this low grade is the cutie

this one was doing the curling of its tails, moving constantly, i got half fuzzy shot....

this one is eating. I placed the mosura excel in the front of the tank, and this one flying in, after the cherry of course.

new shrimp next to my low grade crs. he is one of the brightest colored low grade crs though

same low grade crs as above, his white color is pretty solid and bright. Red, is not so solid

artistic shot of new shrimpie grazing on fissidens

another shot of new shrimpie, ignore the normal crs in the front... fuzzy

another one of new shrimpie

another one of the new shrimpie

#35 ·
I would love to hear an update from some of you who were able to purchase some of these Ebiten Pure Line Crytal Red Shrimp from Dreamer_yoyo.

Specifically in relation to how sensitive they seem to be and just a general update on how they seem to be progressing for you guys.

The intense coloration of some of the PRL is really impressive.

#36 ·
Unfortunately I lost 2 during the first few days. Had them in a breeder box while deciding on where to house them.

They are not as sensitive as what some people claims, but it's still too early to tell. I have them at ph of 6.5. TDS went up to 300 for quite a while and they were still alive. The whites improve when I lower it to 200. Going to lower it some more.

The whites seem to have another layer to them - making them look more pure white. I don't have the highest grade of normal CRS to do side by side comparision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.