Giant Hair grass
Java Moss
Java Ferns
Marimo Balls

Inhabitants
RCS
CRS
Dwarf Puffer

This tank has been set up for about a year and we totally love the low maintenance of it :) The last photo is proof of the puffer! I never feed the puffer... he's got plenty of shrimp-lets and snails to eat!!

:)

See less See more
#6 ·
You have given me a great idea, I'm currently looking for driftwood, and have access to some old hardwood, but it's all fairly straight. Most of what I've seen in tanks has been gnarled and branchy. I really like the looks of your Java ferns attached to the straight boards. I love the moss wall growing in the background too, and am jealous of your hair grass... I just can't make myself pay $8 for a small square of dwarf hair grass at the LFS since I'm a newbie to all this, I feel like it would be a waste...

In any case Beautiful tank! I love that puffer too!

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the kind words!!

I lost the puffer..... he got stuck between the moss wall mesh and the glass :( I was really bummed....

But life goes on.... and the aquarium has become over run by shrimp and snails :) I tossed a half dozen assassin snail in there a few weeks ago, shouldn't be long before they clean the place up!

I'm kinda undecided if i wanna another Puffer?

Here's a few photos i took at dinner time!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.