The Planted Tank Forum banner

Plecos and shrimp P/U in the Bronx

17K views 112 replies 32 participants last post by  CodOnMyRod 
#1 ·
I have some Plecos and red cherry shrimp available.

Red Cherrry Shrimp:

$1.00 Each
15 for $10.00
25 for $15.00
50 for $25.00

Plecos:

Normal Bushy Nose at about 1 to 1.5 inches $3.00 each or 10 for $25.00
Blue eyed Albino bushy nose 1 to 1.5 Inches $ 5.00 Each
Super Red Bushy nose 1 to 1.25 Inches $10.00 Each or 6 for $50.00
Pick up in the Bronx. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

- Ruben

#7 ·

Red Cherrry Shrimp:

$1.00 Each
15 for $10.00
25 for $15.00
50 for $25.00

Plecos:

- Ruben
Still have plenty of each available.

#10 ·
the albino BN Pleco only get up to around 3 inches. they will graze on top of mosses and stemmed plants, but are really sucking them for the algae and not eating the actual mosses and plants. you might get a few leaves broken off though, since the pleco doesn't consider if it's too big - i've seen mine try to balance on a pygmy chain sword leaf!

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I'm in love with that red pleco. How much would shipping be to TN. I know aciditydweller sent some plants priority out on Saturday and they got here first thing Monday morning.

Bookmarking this page for future reference.
PM me your zip and how many reds you want and I can get you a price on shipping. I can ship priority as long as the weather does not get too hot.

- Ruben

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
i have a couple questions.

1- how big do the super reds get ?

2- i have cory pandas that are breeding like crazy.. will they get along with them ?

3- im planning on gettting a pair of rams.. will they get along ?

4- will i be able to get a male and female for breeding

thanks...im in the bronx also

#23 ·
1- Super reds max out at about 4 inches

2- Ancistrus are very well mannered and get along with most fish, you usually have to worry about they getting picked on. I keep some with cori. duplicareus and they get along just fine.

3 - I also keep Rams in one of my ancistrus tanks with no issues.

4- The size I have now are not yet sexable. Best bet is getting a small group and growing them out and hopefully you will get both sexes. Also adult sized pairs are pretty pricey.

Where in the Bronx are you? If you are in the area, you can stop by and see whats available. I am off the Gun Hill Rd exit on I 95.

- Ruben

#31 · (Edited)

Red Cherrry Shrimp:

$1.00 Each
15 for $10.00
25 for $15.00
50 for $25.00

Plecos:

- Ruben
Still have plenty of all available. Pick up in the Bronx or in Ramsey NJ. I work around the corner from Fishtown USA in Ramsey and can meet up in the area. I also have some fry growing out from Hypancistrus contradens, Hypancistrus sp. Lower Xingu, and Ancistrus sp. L100. These should be ready in a few weeks.

- Ruben

#35 ·
Thank you.

Reuben -

The plecos that you sold me a few weeks ago are still doing GREAT in my medium light tank with HIGH co2 and ferts. Very hardy fish. They along with ottos are the ones ones able to survive in this tank. I never have to clean the glass from green dust algae...they must eat it all. I haven't fed them anything since I got them from you so they must be eating something in there. :)
That's good to hear. I would supplement with some food occasionally, especially the young ones need some protein once in a while. Let me know how they keep doing.

- Ruben

#34 ·
Reuben -

The plecos that you sold me a few weeks ago are still doing GREAT in my medium light tank with HIGH co2 and ferts. Very hardy fish. They along with ottos are the ones ones able to survive in this tank. I never have to clean the glass from green dust algae...they must eat it all. I haven't fed them anything since I got them from you so they must be eating something in there. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.