The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bacopa Monnieri Emersed to Submerged

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Axelrodi202 
#1 ·
Hey, all... does anyone have experience taking bacopa from emersed to submerged? I have lots of fully ariel stems from my bacopa that I'd like to use but they're going to end up completely submerged.

What should I expect from them?

#3 ·
I'm not worried about the leaf structure, I can see that the immersed and emersed leaf structures are similiar.

What I'm planning on doing is taking a side shoot that is completely ariel, from the main stem which is emersed, and immersing it.

Will the leaves die off? are there any specific warning signs? I'm guessing that since its well established in that it has a good foot out of water and several side shoots both in and out of the water that will be okay.

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with it that might have some tips?

#4 ·
i cant help on that variety unforunately, my bacopa will not drop leaves or melt etc when it is imersed however my amazon sword dropped all its leaves when i took it out of my tank and HC nearly always melts then grows back etc
I would guess it depends if it has a different leaf structure in each environment then it is highly likely it will just drop leaves rather than change form... but thats just a guess :)

#5 ·
There isn't much to it. Since it's been grown in your own tank, the transition may actually be faster. I haven't submersed emersed Bacopa, but when I submersed some emersed Ludwigia senegalensis I had, the old leaves didn't die off. Same for Lindernia sp. India. So I imagine there's a good chance it'd be the same with Bacopa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.