The Planted Tank Forum banner

super glue

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  BeastMaster 
#1 ·
will this work and is its ok to use it?

im trying to attach riccia to a piece of drift wood. thanks!

#3 ·
AOK to use as Coralbandit said.

Those itty-bitty tubes can be a PITA though. Consider them a use it and done with it deal. So if you only have a small repair, you'rr fine. If you have a greater need, the coral-fragging super glue gel sold on most websites is a much better deal and will last longer.

#4 ·
Please note that stuff should be dirty cheap, they make it by the barrel. I found a flea market that sold it for about 10 tubes for $1, which is great as you can use one and throw it away. The link you had is $20 for a tiny tube... that's outrageous, at least in the US.

Anything with Cyanoacrylate is pretty much the same.

#6 ·
Hi squatingdog,

I much prefer to use the "gel" types of superglue, they don't "run" all over my hardscape after I put a few drops where I want to attach my rhizomes. I like the Loctite brand the best of the 'gels'. It costs a little more but it re-closes easily and when I come back three months later it is still good and hasn't dried out.

#7 ·
Seconding what Seattle_Aquarist posted. It costs a bit more, but that bottle is pretty awesome. It's super easy to use, lets you get a tiny, precise amount out right where you want it.

Also, it's the only type of superglue I've managed to use with out gluing fingers and such together. The bottle is that awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.