Tetra ht10 heater
dual sponge bio-filter (coming)

Hardscape:
various rocks
cholla wood

plants:
crypts
java fern
needle leaf java fern (if it survives. came out of the box a mess)
micro sword
java moss

animals:
MTS and pond snails
CHERRIES (not here yet)

See less See more
#5 ·
My 10 gal used to use exactly all of your equipment in this picture. I dont know about others but my red cherry shrimp prefer cooler water. My heater is not on and the tank is 72-78 coldest would be 70. And they breeding like crazy and none jumped out like when it was 82s

#47 ·
There are a few people that sell the dual sponge in the WTS section here, avoids the 3 month shipping from Taiwan effect and supports the local community. Just sayin :)

-1 for me for failing to notice date stamp on quoted post...

#20 ·
Since I'm medicating his original tank, I have a new inhabitant in here. So far so good. All params are fine except highish nitrate.
I'm hoping he makes it. My options were leave him where the meds. would kill him, travel via car to the 5.5g where two other amanos live, or try him out in my soon to be red cherry here.
I decided to give it a shot. Here are some sh*ty cell phone pictures

#23 · (Edited)
So my sponge filter never showed :/ so I ordered the Elite Double Sponge Filter. Will be here in a few days. I've been waiting on the sponge filter to really get this tank going.

Edit: As soon as I requested a refund and ordered another filter, IT ARRIVES. So I rushed to cancel my new order and contacted the seller. Happy as can be!

Updated picture: FTS w/ new filter

#24 ·
well, the sponge filter wasnt working well on that side because the HOB was blowing floaters into it, getting them stuck and it just didnt look good. So, I flipped the tank.
Moved the anacharis, spread some micro sword. Amano is tired of my hands invading his house oops!

#25 ·
Looking pretty good!
Ottos are supposed to be about the only fish that won't eat baby cherry shrimp, since they're tiny sucker-mouth fish.
I don't know if the amano would try to eat the cherries... They're algae eaters, but most aquatic animals are opportunistic.

#26 ·
Thanks! I'm hoping for some growth to fill in once things settle from the big uproot I just did.
I've heard that amanos can become aggressive when feeding and out compete the cherries, but I think I'm going to at least keep the one I have in there now with the cherries.
I may get more as time goes on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.