The Planted Tank Forum banner

Planted tank redo

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gambs 
#1 ·
When I first set this tank up I had a hodgepodge of plants and didn't really know what I was doing. Yesterday I tore everything down, put in 1.5 inch of miracle grow organic and capped with flourite. Now the hard part ... aquascaping. Here is what I have so far. I do have other driftwood pieces and river rocks I can add. What are your opinions of what I have done so far? Plant will include val, bronze and green crypts, ludwigia, anubis, and Java fern. For plant placement I am thinking of the stems along the back behind the driftwood. Anubis attached. Val 2 plants deep along the front and crypts in the middle between the pieces of driftwood. Any advice is welcomed. This will be low tech setup.

All these pieces are a bit large. Would have to remove the mopani wood on the left to use one of these.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that stumpy piece on the left is pretty cool. I would try to make that the centerpiece by moving it slightly more to the center and removing the piece on the right. Then I would add some more fluorite around the stump to make it look more natural and use the river stone as accents around it.

I would also change up the background. Graphic backgrounds take away from your plants by distracting your eye. The best way in my opinion is just to paint it as I hate the shiny black backgrounds you can tape on the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.