The Planted Tank Forum banner

80g rimless journal - *new photos 5/19/2015*

10K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  thelub 
#1 · (Edited)
Specs:
Tank: 80ish gallon rimless (outside dimensions are 86g, inside is 79. I say 80 ;) )
Substrate: organic potting mix, kitty litter, azomite, osmocote+, decomposed peat and sand mix, paver sand cap.
Filtration: Fluval 404
Lighting: 2bulb T8 shop light

Inhabitants:
2 BNP
4 angels
2 bolivian rams
3 Pelvicachromis pulcher
6 corys
2 wild caught atabapo sevrums

After first fill 1/7/2014.

Closeup of the substrate. I like it.

FTS 1/25/2014 still dealing with some new tank syndrome algae.

FTS 2/3/2014. Did some rearranging and some new planting in the middle.

FTS 3/30/2014

FTS 5/10/2014 - did a little rearranging on the scape. Notice severe carpet melt after incorrect 1-2 punch application.

See less See more
#35 ·
Big update. Lots of changes.

I've moved since failing at the 1-2 punch. Moved everything over and did a large rescape. Moved about a year ago. Since then, my gold rams died (bad genetics I believe). Lost an angel (ate something bad and bloated) and I acquired a pair of WC atabapo sevrums. Being that they were wild, they saw my rumynose tetras as a tasty snack. So now I'm down to 1 of them. I just picked up a HUGE piece of driftwood and finally got around to adding it to the tank last night. Did a big plant pull which resulted in this thread.

So my tank went from this:

to this:

I still have some planting to do on the left side to fill in the bare spots but I wanted to let it clear up more before I do. Pulling plants in a dirt tank (especially crypts) makes for a mess. :icon_twis

I do have this to use to fill in the bare spots so I think I'll be set :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.