The Planted Tank Forum banner

Quick GE Aqua Rays 9325k questions

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Momotaro 
#1 ·
I really want to pick up a few of these, but I have some quick questions:
What size do I need to fit my JBJ Formosa 48" fixture? Is it the 22" length? And the Aqua Rays are straight pin, the same as the JBJ, right?
Also, I noticed that GulfCoastAquarian said they could be found at Atlanta Light Bulbs, but what other internet-order sites have them? I can't seem to find them at the old standbys of Drs. Foster & Smith, Petsolutions, Big Al's, or Aquarium Plants.com.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
wonder woman said:
I really want to pick up a few of these, but I have some quick questions:
What size do I need to fit my JBJ Formosa 48" fixture? Is it the 22" length? And the Aqua Rays are straight pin, the same as the JBJ, right?
Also, I noticed that GulfCoastAquarian said they could be found at Atlanta Light Bulbs, but what other internet-order sites have them? I can't seem to find them at the old standbys of Drs. Foster & Smith, Petsolutions, Big Al's, or Aquarium Plants.com.
Thanks in advance!
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3773&Ne=40000&R=4436&Nao=9&N=2004+113176

At the bottom of the page...

jason

#4 ·
Thanks guys! I guess I had underestimated the good Drs.- I didn't see the tubes in their catalog. Looks like I'll be putting in my order. Think I'll start with two, and replace the other two if I like what I see.
Thanks again!

#5 · (Edited)
Okay, here's some more stuff that's confusing me:

I just got my latest Drs. Foster & Smith catalog, which has the Aqua Rays in it, and noticed the specs. I thought these were comparable and interchangeable with regular 10,000k or 6700k compact fluorescent tubes, but at least the ones in the catalog are not. They're regular fluorescent tubes. And only about 20-40 watts, depending on length.
Is there another version of the fabled GE Aqua Rays 9325k that is COMPACT FLUORESCENT, and I'm just missing it?
I was looking for a way to improve my lighting using my JBJ Formosa 48" strip, which currently has 4 10,000k lights.

Okay, I see the c.f. "Super Daylight" 9325k tubes under All-Glass Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights, but is this the GE Aqua-Rays, or All-Glass' own house brand version?

Thanks again!

#6 ·
wonder woman said:
Okay, I see the c.f. "Super Daylight" 9325k tubes under All-Glass Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights, but is this the GE Aqua-Rays, or All-Glass' own house brand version?

Thanks again!
Those are the correct ones... At least when I ordered them they were

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.