The Planted Tank Forum banner

unprepared for berried shrimp

601 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  randyl 
#1 ·
Finally after being in the hobby for about 3 months i have a pregnant cherry shrimp! my first one! BUT now im not quite sure what to do. i know the baby shrimp wont be able to feed on the same food as the juvies and adults so what should i do to prepare for the time when they hatch. i have a half of an almond leaf in there already would that be enough for them? any other food things that i should get for them?

#2 ·
If your tank is a few month old with some moss or other plants, there's no need for special food especially for cherries. Just make sure your filter intake won't suck them in then you'll be okay. Of course, getting commercial baby shrimp food helps but really not necessary. If you really want to do something to feel more comfortable but don't want to pay for the expensive stuff, feed your shrimp some sinking pellet food, some powder will be missed by adult shrimps and perfect for babies. Flakes work that way too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.