The Planted Tank Forum banner

My setup idea

635 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  James` 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey so I currently am running 2 canister filters and I would like to swap the smaller one out with a refugium sump and use that canister on another system. I like the pH stability that is going to come along with a refugium.

I would like to inject co2 into the outtake through bio balls in 3/4" PVC. The dilemma was how to keep the co2 wanting to go up and get diffused by bio balls and keeping the bio balls clean.

I plan to have a sponge chamber in the sump right before the outtake to ensure the bio balls stay cleaner.

I am going to angle my DIY reactor diagonal downwards (yes this sucks for the pump) so the co2 can still travel up against moving water for ultimate diffusion.

I will clamp the PVC onto my wall with simple u-turn screw ins.

What do you guys think of the design and what GPH do you think is the least I can do, just so I can decide how fast I want my current. The reactor is like 3ft long..

Pardon my drawing skills but this is my best attempt at my idea of my setup for my 60planted. (I forgot to draw my intake.. It's going to be a DIY pvc overflow with u-turn in the tank to ensure siphon is kept. I like the surface skimming this will provide.. How much co2 will this outgas?)

Also the bio balls in the drawing should point to the PVC not the tubing leading to reactor.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.