The Planted Tank Forum banner

Stream over tank plants

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Mariostg 
#1 ·

Experimenting a little on how I want to set up my stream over the tank. Just looking at flown rate for now

See less See more
#3 ·
Can you show it in action?

I used a window box with the holes sealed. 3/8" Lava rock.
I had a small fountain pump in the bottom of the aquarium and two tubes leaving the window box. Small amount of sponge at the entrance to the window box to trap coarse debris, but it never needed cleaning.

This did not actually make a water fall or stream though. It did grow house plants really well!

#4 ·
Hi Diana
Not quite sure what exactly you are interested in. It is on action[emoji1] . There is just not much. At the moment it sits on a plastic bin where the pump takes the water and bring it into the tray.

Yes I use lava rock too as you suggested in another thread of mine.

I will post more pictures as it evolves.

#7 ·
Thanks BraveBuc.
Would be hard for now. It's sitting on a small recycling bin. So can't see the setup unless I lift things up but that would require extra pair of hands [emoji1]

Actually there are two small pumps. An Enheim turtle type filter pump that brings water from tank to creek. This pump is on the left. On the right there is a small Hygor that re circulate the water up the creek to increase the time water stays in the creek. And just beside the pump is the drain. All plumbing is half inch tubing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.