The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

red wine taiwan shrimp thief

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Zenzu 
#1 ·
I just got 2 red wine taiwan shrimp the other day i have had them for less than 24 hours 1 of them was stolen . it has been reported to the police too. not the first time this has happened having expensive shrimp stolen im open to tips or ideas or solutions value varies from $30.00 and up!guess someone else out there likes shrimp probably in my apartment complex too!

#8 · (Edited)
All i can say is if is a possibility that a shrimp can jump out it certainly isnt a possibility with my most valuable one out of 30 or so shrimp do the math buddy!btw i keep pantyhose on my filter even though i have no baby shrimp at the time .my guess they chose to steal this one is because its valuable lol. i dont keep fish. and it didnt die btw i just got it yesterday!and its not hiding as i had to clean out the entire aquarium searching for it.... Yes people i have heard the advice lock youre door when you leaveand i do ! but since its an apartment i guess we dont deserve to have safety! i still wish for there to be only positive feedback or response .ty.

#9 ·
Yeah I'm with the other confused people.

I don't know how it was stolen, unless you were at a university and keeping it in a very small quarantine container.

It isn't implausible but please explain your situation.

I'm leaning more towards its life was stolen LOL.

Edit-- You explained your situation just as I posted.

I'm sorry but it 99% impossible a shrimp thief is on the loose. So few people in America keep shrimp, let alone actively seek out shrimp, owners and steal their valuable shrimp.

And if so, I know I wouldn't steal just one shrimp.

#11 ·
I do not believe there is a solution to a 'stolen' shrimp. If it truly is stolen, you did the right thing already.

Past that, secure your tanks.

Past that, make sure your parameters are stable, you have cycled tanks and they are in line with what shrimp need.

Shrimp are less prone to disappearing when all the above are met.

#16 ·
I don't know how one would give a positive feedback on this situation. You say it was stolen and all we can say is sorry and how did that happen. When you do the math, people rarely get struck by lightning, but they do. Your shrimp could have jumped out of the tank even if its a slim chance, which is more likely and mathematically more plausible than a burgler coming into your home and stealing a $30 shrimp and not a tv or computer that's worth $200+.

#18 ·
Hai guyzz zomg leik I herd ther iz leik a cereal shrimp thiefs in socal. I put locking acrylik lidz on all my tankz and called the local newspaper and news stationz to put the word out. I saw this strange man looking at shrimps at my LFS I think it mite be him.

I was able to snap this pic of the suspectz before he fled the scene "PLeaSe KeEP An EyE OuT!!!!"

^ If you see this man call your local PD@@!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.