The Planted Tank Forum banner

200 G Water Heaven

3K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Sd760 
#1 ·
Heres the rework of my 200 G Angel Fish Aquarium nothing Fancy

i really like the jungle vals and want to cram a ton of these in here what do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
little Update...

not much has changed but im updating my others so here we go...

i do have an assortment of jungle vals coming red,green different styles 30+ that hopefully will be planted this weekend..i will repost after its complete...

i have also added a few more tank mates..and plan to add a few more after its planted..

Attachments

#15 ·
Sitting ...Waiting For the mail man to arrive so i can get started ..while i wait iv started on some rock work.in the 2nd of my three 20L Shrimp Tanks...

One And Two...Three still to be started...all three will be differently themed..

Attachments

#25 ·
? That's really suspicious. I guess it's possible that something came in on the plants, but even then it probably wouldn't work that fast. I've never owned angels in my life, but maybe it's the mom or dad just trying to keep the others away from the eggs.

Another possibility is that something might have fallen into the water.

But whatever it is, I wish you good luck in eradicating it.

#27 ·
I doubt it was anything on the plants themselves that killed your fish but it could have been when planting them that you stirred up the substrate too much and caused an ammonia spike. I would check your parameters again and make sure you don't have any nitrites or ammonia.

#29 ·
You posted like many days ago you added new tank mates, where they from a LFS or from your other tanks?

How long has this tank been running and is there enough bio load to cycle a 200G tank?

My friend went through 2 test kits because one was given a false reading. He had detectable ammonia ended up killing some expensive fw rays and added the live bacteria for ponds (cheaper than aquarium ones) and it gradually reduced it to undetectable in a few days.

What does the dead fish look like, any distress in the gills and is their fins intact?

#30 ·
the other fish were newly introduced not new from the store they went through alittle seperation process
there really confusing...there fine.."look normal" swimming around..and then "labored breathing" at the top of the tank..then dead.. i have lost every single one as of this morning so i will be getting the tank right and starting over...

#33 ·
what kind of test are you using? how long was the tank up and running? how long did you qt the new fish for? what kind of substrate? what are the parameters of the tank? what is the temp?
it sounds like they were really stressed if they were up at the top gasping for air. im guessin an ammonia spike. if you have strong filter then it might have pulled it pretty fast out of the tank but not fast enought to keep from harming the fish. just need more info on the tank and paramters to get to the bottom of it. i would let the tank fill in the way you want it and then add new fish. also with the tank planted like that it will stress angels some cause they need room to swim. if you want a "jungle" feel i would plant the vals along the sides and across the back kinda in a U shape that will still give lots of swimming room and you can always add something like dwarf sag to the tank if you want more of a cover on the grown

#34 · (Edited)
I am sorry for your loss. Having a 150 planted tank of Angels I understand your sorrow as they are fish with personalities.

My question is about your background. Is it paint? If so what color and brand. I am looking at mine with none on it and hate the cords peeking between the plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.