The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bettas

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Xavier10 
#1 ·
Ok, so I was able to take some videos of some of the fish. Here are a few photos to start, links to videos will come soon, most likely tomorrow as I will be uploading them now. There is a bit of variety here, many colors. ALL are Metallic and carry irredescence. They range from Veiltail, Delta, HMPK and PK. Many are Sun type tails I really like this shredded look but not so much as a crowntail. Mustard Gas (Bi Colors) in the photos shown are still pending my decision to keep or not. That female is a serious LOOKER. I love her, so we will see. OK, enjoy the pictures, videos coming soon.

I hope everyone made out well with Sandy, The Presidential Election and now this Nor Eastern that hit us today. I'm actually going to let the videos upload and take the shepherd out for a little play time in the snow. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys :). If you notice in the backdrop on some of the pictures, I have the scud starter culture that Albert gave to me at the swap/auction. Doing great with tons of babies! I take a few here and there and feed but I'm waiting for a population explosion. lol

#6 · (Edited)
Nice ladies. I have more scuds if you want more. In have left my colony alone for a month and they are much larger today. They are polific spawners so you'll likely have hundreds in weeks anyways.

p.s.

Wanted to add that your two betta males are awesome and doing really well at home and were unaffected by hurricaine sandy and her friend Nora-easter.

#11 ·
Most of my breeding bettas originated from overseas, however I am doing my best to make them into American strains and keeping my hands from importing. I'm trying to work on getting my own lines and getting into the International Betta Congress to start showing, but for right now I'm just mixing and matching and working with what I have. For my Mustard Gas line, which varies from Light lavender Bicolor to Dark Blue and Yellow, they are almost breeding true, so I'm crossing my fingers for maybe sometime next year??

Videos are coming up shortly, posting a link soon. Most of these that I am posting will be for SALE.

#13 ·
I could give you some fry, not too small though as they are very sensitive for some time, but once they are feeding on adult brine shrimp, I'd feel comfortable letting them go. The only thing about letting fry go is that you never know what potential they have, thats why most of them you see for sale are older. The breeders tend to keep them to see the true spread of their finnage and show/breeding potential. But sure, I could offer a few 1/2inchers to you no problem for you to grow out on your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.