The Planted Tank Forum banner

37g Rescape - Critiques

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  jshaffer740 
#1 ·
I finished a re-scape of my 37g last week. Please feel free to give critiques. This tank has only been planted for a few weeks. I just recently trimmed the stems and replanted. So things are a little short.

Let me know what you think!

Before:

After:

See less See more
#7 ·
Well I added some DW to the right, and some limnophilia repens around the front of the larger dw, and a bit behind the smaller. I also did a prune last Sunday - I'm attempting to get some branching from the stem plants and get them to begin to fill in more thickly. I also changed my filter setup - not sure I'm 100% happy with the placement of the intake tube, but I think once the cambomba fills in with some height it should hide it.

Let me know what you think!

#12 ·
Thanks! Sometimes I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not, as it limits my flexibility (i.e. suction cups don't stick) with equipment placement. But overall, it definitely lends a more "natural" feeling than other sorts of backgrounds, especially, as you say, in this style of scape.

I do want to start an Iwagumi style tank at some point, in which I think this type of background would not work.

Anyway, thanks for the comments - I enjoy reading them.

#15 ·
looks good! you said you arent happy with the intake tube placement? have you thought about moving the intake/output piping to the other side? that way the intake tubing will be more hidden behind the taller plants/driftwood? and just move the powerhead to the right side of the tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.