The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anubias Anyone?

7K views 82 replies 6 participants last post by  KingPlakat 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Talked to Bill about this already, but I'm thinking I'm going to do another huge order of anubias from my supplier (by supplier I mean...guy i know who sells anubias). Last time I ordered I believe I got each plant for $2.75 after shipping because I bought in bulk. I did "tip" the guy though so I'm not sure on the exact dollar and cents number.

Anyway....I'm prolly gonna drop $100 by myself on some anubias which will get me about 40ish plants I'm thinking. A couple get banged up during shipping but he does sent extras I believe...or maybe he sent extras because I tipped him. But I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to get in on the order.

Like I said...I think it's going to be between $2.50 and $2.75 per plant which is a great deal. I imagine the more we buy the better the deal. Might even be able to get it down to $2.25 per plant. I know Bill said he was down to get some anubias nana, but everyone let me know how many plants they would be willing to order so I can figure out how much the guy will charge. They get shipped priority from California so it won't take more than 3 days to get here once I order. I figure we can all meet up and I can distribute the plants accordingly.

Ideally, I would like the money in advance because my bank account is only so large right now, but for those of you who don't have a paypal account or are unable to get me the money otherwise, I could spot you as long as you don't want a ton of anubias.

So basically...let's start a list. Name and number of plants you want sounds good. This is just so I can get a number together to see how much the bulk discount will be. If you give me a dollar amount I'm just going to take that and divide it by 2.75 for now, until I see how much the per plant cost will be.

I've bought from this guy twice now and I've been very impressed both times with the quality, size, and color of the plants. I do believe they are grown emersed, but they transfer well.

Also, here's the list of different types the guy usually has:
- Anubias nana
- Anubias barteri
- Anubias broad leaf
- Anubias lanceolata
- Anubias congensis
- Anubias short and sharp (probably minima with a different name)
-Anubias wrinkle leaf (coffefolia?)

1. KingPlakat- 40+

See less See more
#5 ·
Sounds good Bill! I'll add you to the list.

1. Kingplakat $100 worth
2. Joon $100 worth (anubias nana)
3. Fishies_in_Philly $60 worth (nana and minima)

I have no doubt that the price per plant is going to be between $2.25 and $2.50 at this point. I'm going to email the guy either tomorrow or monday for availability and pricing. We might have to wait until he has enough in to sell us this many haha.

#6 ·
I forgot to add, I know he also has regular java fern! Never bought it from him though. Bulk pricing would probably be about $1.75 per plant for regular java fern. Plants are 3-4inches in height. If you want some of that too just give a dollar amount and say "mixed" plants and we'll figure it out later when I email him.

#11 ·
I emailed the guy with those two questions and asked for a quote on price per plant for an order of $260. I'm crossing my fingers for something like $2.25 per plant. That would be amazing.

I'm thinking that once the box arrives I'll get up to Jimmy's place again and the three of us can open it together and take turns picking out individual pieces so no one gets a lot of big ones or small ones, etc, etc. Maybe, time it correctly and just set it up as the next swap meet?

#24 ·
You got it. Just do as Bill says and get him the cash. I'll email my supplier and tell him to give me a new number, but for everyone else just assume it's the same. If we get a better discount for the additional $25 from Marley then I'll let you guys know after the fact.

#25 ·
If I grab the cash Wednesday, I'll put the order in that day. I'll email him tomorrow asking for a new quote and let him know how many pieces per species we want. All in all...I'm pretty excited to say the least. I know I've said this before, but I've ordered from him twice before and the quality and size are excellent.

#28 ·
let's meet next Wednesday around 7:00pm if everybody is okay
should we go to Steve's house or my place?
i like to visit steve's house and check his equipment and buy something
or we can meet at my place which is 5mins away from Bill's house
where u guys want to meet?

#31 ·
Hey guys, 7pm would be too late. My parents don't like people over past 6:30pm...it sucks I know. I got everyone's money today, I'll send the money through paypal tomorrow to my supplier and double check that he will be shipping Monday. Plants are coming from California so hopefully it doesn't take more than 2 or 3 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.