The Planted Tank Forum banner

Trading plants around knox?

8K views 49 replies 15 participants last post by  kseanm247 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in trading around some plants in knoxville? Maybe we could turn this thread into "hey im doing some "gardening" if you want this come get it" type thing. Once I get my tank more established I would be willing to help out if anyone wanted to trade around some plants or something.

my uhm "planted" tank so far.

Stocking list
Crypt wyndtii bronze,
Blyxa japonica (very small atm)
Najas Roraima
Rotala rotundifolia
Carolina Fanwort
Red tiger lotus
Sunset Hygro
Subwassertang
Heteranthera zosterfolia

New 130 gallon set up

See less See more
#17 · (Edited)
Ne1 else from Cosby area?

New 2 the planted tank community so dont have much 2 trade right now in the way of aquatica but would b interested in buying sum stuff. $ is as good, or better, than trades right? Really just starting the Cosby area thread. Get sum relationships started.

#19 ·
I would love some of that Asian Watergrass, maybe some of the redroot and water lettuce! Maybe you can set me up a sample package? I love the floaters. I am including a plant list from my tank, would love to trade for some of it so if you see something you are interested in just let me know.

Pictures are in my album. All plants are healthy but may contain Pond and/or Ramshorns or even Apple snail babies. Can dip to prevent sending some inadvertantly.
apogonten bulb now sending offshoots
Italian Vals always sending offshoots
Vals Gigantae no shoots yet but soon hopefully
cryptocoryne walkeri 'lutea' no shoots yet
Stem plant trimmings:
rotala rotundifolia
rotala colorata
rotala nanjenshan
ludwigia glandulosa
Hygrophila polysperma var. Rosanervig
heteranthera zosterifolia (Stargrass)

#21 ·
ok i'll make you apackage up and can make one for me i do like the stargrass and little apples and what ever youwant to send easy to deal with i will have some tiger ender's and guppy's later on to , also would like to know more about your club.
Well, there are no VISIBLE Apples as of right now. That's why I said "Might be on them." They seemed to have been "locked up" but that might have just appeared that way, you know how snails are crawling over each other and whatever. Thay stayed skin-to-skin for awhile this time it seemed like but I couldn't really see. Hopefully there will be some showing up soon. Got PLENTY of Pond and Ramshorns though:eek5:

I also just trimmed most of my plants in preparation for the AGA aquascaping competition. I am entering this year seeing how it's free, and needed to trim a couple weeks ago, one last time to be able to achieve the look I wanted to show in my pictures. I probably won't be trimming the Rotala again for another 2 weeks. I could set you up a package though, like the one I just sold on here. The threads still up if you wanna go look at it. Just let me know and we'll work something out.

I'll also have a couple more mosses available then, and I noticed today that my Gigantae's are sending shoots, FINALLY!!! If you would just like a certain plant I can do that too, it's up to you. All my stuff is easy and low-medium light with no Co2. All can be used with Co2 and high-light, however you want to grow them.

#23 ·
Sorry fishpond, got distracted in that last post and didn't get the chance to tell you about the club! It is the East Tennessee Aquatic Club, of which I am President and Founder, and we concentrate on freshwater fish-keeping. We are, of course, an online community and regularly get together through our website as well as our forums and chatroom. This is our place to share and talk about our hobby, seek advice for our problems through research and/or experiences, and to also share our experiences with other like-minded hobbyists. We also will be doing face to face meetings in the East Tennessee area, where we will also have a swap-n-shop. The meetings have not started yet due to our club being so new, but I am working on starting them up really soon. We have grown tremendously since our inception a few months ago, and I can see some really great things happening in the freshwater hobby here in East Tennessee and I am proud to be a part of it.

The $10 registration fee is for 1 year, and is also a limited-time offer so it will not last forever. This fee gives you access to our online community and frees you to browse our website for information and to post about you own experiences. You will also gain access to our online contests and/or events, and also to our club meetings and swap-n-shops.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you over there before this limited-time offer has ended.
Thanks and have a good day.

As far as the trading goes, I ship in a small flat-rate box but could never fill one up right now. Maybe in a week or so, you never know. As soon as I do I will pm you and let you know what I have and we'll go from there. We could meet somewhere to exchange stuff, but it would probably be cheaper to mail a package. A small flat-rate is only $5 and neither of us could drive cheaper than that, so I think it would be cheaper that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.