Texas Area Killifish Show
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 06-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
J_Douglas
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Texas Area Killifish Show

The Texas Area Killifish Organization will have its TAKO Belle Revue July 12th and 13th at the Hampton Inn & Suites in New Braunfels, TX.
Dr. Sue Katz Amburn from the Biology department at Rogers State University in Claremore, OK. Will give a talk on Saturday about Killifish.
Lori Green, Chair of the Lone Star Bettas, and Sherolyn Craig of Betta Enthusiast of South Texas will be demystifying Betta terminology for newbies and veterans.
Art is attempting to obtain a Texas Parks and Wildlife speaker for the afternoon as well.
Art will do one of his talks after the banquet.
We are still looking to find other speakers. The San Antonio Aquatic Plant Club may do a presentation on easy plants for the Aquarium.
The show will have all American Killifish Association classes, and will have entries mail in from around the country.
The auction will be Sunday, tentative schedule to start at 11:30 AM.
Main-in entries: Arthur Leuterman, 742 Bison Drive, Houston, 77079-4401
J_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
J_Douglas
Algae Grower

The TAKO show will have a presentation by the San Antonio Aquatic Plant Club.
J_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
TXaggie
Algae Grower

I'm having trouble finding out more information about the event, what is the cost to attend? Is the auction for members only? Is this a good place for someone looking to get a first pair of killifish? Thanks.
TXaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #4
susankat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

I'm not able to attend, please tell Sue hi for me. Haven't seen her for a couple of years.
susankat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #5
chrislewistx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

Here is some more information on the Texas Area Killifish Organization convention this weekend.

TAKO BELLE REVUE
SHOW AND AUCTION
The TAKO Belle Revue Show and Auction is scheduled for July 12th and 13th at the Hampton Inn & Suites, 575 Hwy 46 S, New Braunfels, Texas. Setup will begin at 6:00 AM on Saturday and the Killifish will be available for viewing to the public at 12:00 PM. Dr. Sue Katz Amburn will lead off afternoon presentations at 2:00 PM with a talk entitled ď: How and What Fish See: Mops, Mates and Fishkeeping. Dr. Sue will be followed by Daniel Huston from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife. Sherolyn Craig/Lori Green will discuss betta issues. The Saturday evening, after banquet speaker will be Dr. Art Leuterman. On Sunday, the Auction will begin at 11:00 AM to afford those driving a little more drive time home. Bidder Cards are free. Advance registration is encouraged. Please email Art Leuterman with your name, address, cell and home phone number if you plan to bid at the auction. For those that cannot attend but would like to bid remotely advance arrangements must be made with Art.
Artís email address is Aleuterman@slb.com.
chrislewistx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 01:57 AM   #6
chrislewistx
Algae Grower

Don't forget tomorrow is the Killifish show, several presentations, and Sunday will be the auction.

July 12-13 Texas Area Killifish Organization Belle Revue, Hampton Inn & Suites 575 Texas 46, New Braunfels, TX 78130 800-608-0123

The show will have all American Killifish Association classes, and will have entries from around the country. Fish will be available for view starting at noon on Saturday.

Saturday Speakers schedule:
1:30 or 2:00pm Dr. Sue Katz Amburn from the Biology department at Rogers State University in Oklahoma will present: How and What Fish See: Mops, Mates and Fishkeeping.
3:00pm San Antonio Aquatic Plant Club will present on Planted Aquariums
4:00pm Lori Green, Chair of the Lone Star Bettas, and Sherolyn Craig of Betta Enthusiast of South Texas will demystifying Betta terminology for newbies and veterans.
5:00pm Daniel Huston from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife.

The Saturday evening, after banquet speaker will be Dr. Art Leuterman.

On Sunday, the Auction will begin at 11:00 AM, and will include Killifish, other species of fish, and dry goods.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Warlock
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

i missed saturday.. but made it for auction..

WOW!! lots of GREAT FISH were available!!

picked up
Blue Gularis Killifish (Fundulopanchax sjostedti) 2 pairs.. *this was what i was REALLY wanting!!!
epiplatys infrafasciatus - 1 pair.. Male make LEAP OF FAITH out of tank last nite
aphyosemion cyanostictum SAM - 1 pair and some fry
bristlenose plecos.. 6
bolivian rams.. gift to my wife from Art..
naja grass..
floating plants..
and some free foods!!
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #8
chrislewistx
Algae Grower

Congratulations Warlock, you picked up some great fish. Sorry to hear about the male jumping ship though.

How where the prices? I was only able to be there Saturday for the presentations, and had to work Sunday. I hate that I missed the auction.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
Warlock
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislewistx View Post
Congratulations Warlock, you picked up some great fish. Sorry to hear about the male jumping ship though.

How where the prices? I was only able to be there Saturday for the presentations, and had to work Sunday. I hate that I missed the auction.
the gularis pairs were $14.. the rest.. ummm.. free - $6..

ps.. lost a bg female to leap of faith and aggressive male.. so now they are bachelors..
working on getting them more women.. LOL
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #10
chrislewistx
Algae Grower

Great, seeing those prices makes me hate missing the auction even more. I told my boss last week he owed me big time for missing the auction.

He said he would get me breakfast tacos next time he came to town....

I like good breakfast tacos, but that just doesn't cut it. lol Non-hobbyist just dont get it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.