Anybody near Elgin want some ramshorns?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Virto
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Anybody near Elgin want some ramshorns?

My 20L is exploding with ramshorn snails - I literally had two arrive in a package of floaters and somehow they have produced an army.

I think they're really cool, and they are fun to watch, but they're starting to overrun the tank to the point that I think they're eating all the algae wafers and zucchini slices before the plecos ever get to them.

I will say, this tank is spotless on the algae front, a testament to their ability.

So, before I begin operation squish 'em, I figured I'd see if anyone wants to come scoop a bunch out this weekend. Just bring a tupperware or something and load it up. The tank is disease-free.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I should be home both Saturday and Sunday this week.
Virto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Virto
Planted Tank Obsessed

Squishing has begun. I've still got a buttload of these things if anyone is interested. I figure it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I've grabbed and squished enough to put them in check, so if you want some healthy young snails, I'm your man.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Virto
Planted Tank Obsessed

Gave out probably 80 of these buggers, but the new generation is starting to emerge. I've added some assassin snails from Zinfin's stock (awesome guy, buy his snails) but I don't think they'll make an immediate impact.

So if anyone wants some, I will probably have a good number more ramshorns soon.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
JAYGEE
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Can you ship? I'm in Houston but not going to drive that way for a few more weeks.
JAYGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Virto
Planted Tank Obsessed

I shipped the last batch. They'll probably need a week or two before they're big enough to handle a trip of more than a couple days.

If you're headed up this way, I can keep em growing and fed for you and you can drop in and pick them up, otherwise I should be able to harvest again in a week, maybe two, and box them up.