The Planted Tank Forum banner

Non aquatic plant id?

583 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Noahma 
#1 ·
I found this growing along the train lines here in Japan. Have no idea what it is, but I thought it would make a nice addition to my vivarium. I thought it was a moss, but it was growing in dirt and had some short roots.

IMG_3141 by Ecopot, on Flickr

See less See more
#4 ·
It's definitely a sedum but which one I'm not 100% sure although it looks like sedum japonicum. There is several sedum sp. that are native to Japan. I actually have a thing for sedum and have around 30 different varieties. Several that I keep in my sunroom that are a little less common and not zone hardy where I live.

#5 ·
Looks like serum album to me. I currently am planting my entire backyard with it (my back yard is small, and wont grow grass loll). Very low maintenance plant, very hardy. be careful of the sap though, its an irritant and may cause problems. for my back yard I'm doing a mix of album and Jon Creech around stepping stones with a few spots of serum sod, which contains 25+ species. so far its looking good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.